If GPU works that means it's all the way in?

Yiannis15

If GPU works that means it's all the way to the Pcie slot? Because I installed it while the PC was standing and I read that sometimes it doesn't go all the way in when you don't flip the pc on the side

Depending on your motherboard you should have a clip on the back of the PCIe slot (the part furthest from the front of the card). If that's flipped up then you should be good. If the videocard isn't seated all the way you might see artifacts on your screen but that also might indicate a loose video cable.

-KuJoe

5 minutes ago, Yiannis15 said:

If GPU works that means it's all the way to the Pcie slot? Because I installed it while the PC was standing and I read that sometimes it doesn't go all the way in when you don't flip the pc on the side

You are probably fine it's just easier to install when the case is laying down.

Also, you should've heard a click when it went in.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

You are probably fine it's just easier to install when the case is laying down.

Also, you should've heard a click when it went in.

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Depending on your motherboard you should have a clip on the back of the PCIe slot (the part furthest from the front of the card). If that's flipped up then you should be good. If the videocard isn't seated all the way you might see artifacts on your screen but that also might indicate a loose video cable.

I didn't heard a click but the performance seems fine and I screwed it in place

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Then you should be good. If you run into issues down the road just reseat it.

If I flip the pc and give it a push and see if it moves?

Just now, Yiannis15 said:

If I flip the pc and give it a push and see if it moves?

If you're going to open up the case you might as well reseat it then. :P

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

It's kinda hard to access the pcie clip because of my CPU cooler and I'm a little afraid if I pull too hard and the clip is not free and damage something

Can you fit your phone in the case easily? I use my phone to take pictures of things I can't see to get a better look (if you're unsure, take a video and move it around in the general area). :)

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, Yiannis15 said:

I read that sometimes it doesn't go all the way in when you don't flip the pc on the side

that sounds more like incompetent people writing articles than an actual problem of the pc's orientation.

you made a topic last saturday about this and you got the answer.. stop making topics... you don't need to hear the click.

if it works it works, if it's screwed in it won't go anywhere, stop worrying about nothing

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

16 hours ago, wildthing said:

you made a topic last saturday about this and you got the answer.. stop making topics... you don't need to hear the click.

if it works it works, if it's screwed in it won't go anywhere, stop worrying about nothing

One last question when the gpu is screwed can the other side of the gpu move? For example to move a little out of the pci slot?

2 hours ago, Yiannis15 said:

One last question when the gpu is screwed can the other side of the gpu move? For example to move a little out of the pci slot?

No, it cannot. On the left side you have the screws and, on the right, there's a clip that holds it in place.

Again, if you are so concerned just take it out and, reseat it otherwise just forget it.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, KuJoe said:

i pushed my gpu one more time again and it seated as it should and i heard the click. it was working and it was not fully seated could that damage something?

1 hour ago, Yiannis15 said:

i pushed my gpu one more time again and it seated as it should and i heard the click. it was working and it was not fully seated could that damage something?

Nah, you are fine. The lock probably didn't go in all the way.