Comments on Team Fortress 2 network issues "if any like me"

CAPTAIN FUNGUS
Go to solution Solved by CAPTAIN FUNGUS,
2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

team fortress 2 is timeless. its just the xbox app being what it is. 

it would probably behave the same if you played half life 2

you right. I usually only use the xbox app if my friends don't have discord or to talk to one of my friends that is serving in the army. 

I use discord pretty often but try to stay in the middle ground. 

I never knew how bad team fortress two was horribly optimized until about a day ago whenever my friend told me to install it. All of my games on my pc run smoothly, I'm able to be in party chats on the xbox app without any issues, to my nat type always being open. Well....I installed TF2 and stuff went nuts as in my nat type going to close to my xbox app giving me that teredo error on my pc.... I know with discord everything worked perfectly but idk why with the xbox app and TF2 everything goes nuts. 

Idk if its just me but whenever i installed TF2 i can't use the xbox app for that game specifically..... everything else works fine. 

Is TF2 the issue or is it my internet even though it says on the xbox network settings on the app my nat type is open and everything is perfect before launching TF2. 

Why do you use the xbox app? Like, Discord replaceses it fully in combo with steam.......

Also it is more like the xbox app doesnt like to cooperate with an older title like tf2. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Why do you use the xbox app? Like, Discord replaceses it fully in combo with steam.......

Also it is more like the xbox app doesnt like to cooperate with an older title like tf2. 

thank you so much!! I never though of it like that before. 

thank u!!

11 minutes ago, CAPTAIN FUNGUS said:

thank you so much!! I never though of it like that before. 

thank u!!

There might be other reasons and perhaps a fix, but try changing the dx mode around. I think it runs dx9 by default. 

Also running the game in borderlessmode instead of fullscreen might yield something aswell.

10 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

There might be other reasons and perhaps a fix, but try changing the dx mode around. I think it runs dx9 by default. 

Also running the game in borderlessmode instead of fullscreen might yield something aswell.

might just be age tbh with the game since every other game runs perfect;). I also don't wanna mess with dx either so I just unistalled. The game may just be getting too old already.

1 minute ago, CAPTAIN FUNGUS said:

might just be age tbh with the game since every other game runs perfect;). I also don't wanna mess with dx either so I just unistalled. The game may just be getting too old already.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

you right. I usually only use the xbox app if my friends don't have discord or to talk to one of my friends that is serving in the army. 

I use discord pretty often but try to stay in the middle ground.