Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cablemod to GPU

wilda

1 hour ago, wilda said:

Hi, I have an Asus Rog Strix 1080 ti and a Corsair RM750x v2. Will this cable kit work for my GPU? 

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-c-series-rmi-rmx-modmesh-cable-kit/?attribute_pa_color=black-white

Yes

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

30 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Yes

I guess I have to use, either one of the first cable or both of the second, do you know which one is the best option?

• 2 x Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable (750mm)
  • 2 x 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable (600mm)

Do you know which one is the best option? 

@wilda yes, that kit will have everything you need and then some. The 6+2 PCI-E would be the cleaner option.

3 hours ago, CableMod said:

@wilda yes, that kit will have everything you need and then some. The 6+2 PCI-E would be the cleaner option.

@CableMod, thank you for the answer. Did not expect that! ? I'm in love the the look on your cables. I am new with this, but as far as I can tell are they both named 6+2 PCI-E. Are you referring to the dual 6+2 PCI-E? Also are the cables marked in any way? The original cables have text on the connector telling what they are used for. Do you have a similar solution?

4 hours ago, wilda said:

@CableMod, thank you for the answer. Did not expect that! ? I'm in love the the look on your cables. I am new with this, but as far as I can tell are they both named 6+2 PCI-E. Are you referring to the dual 6+2 PCI-E? Also are the cables marked in any way? The original cables have text on the connector telling what they are used for. Do you have a similar solution?

@wilda the dual 6+2 PCI-E (pictured) is more so if you don't have enough available connectors at the PSU end, or if you're doing a SFF/ITX build and space is a limiting factor. They're great in these situations. However for cleaner aesthetics the 6+2 PCI-E (not the dual) is going to be a cleaner look as it is two individual cables, instead of one cable that is a splitter essentially. The PSU ends will be marked "PSU" but the primary end connections aren't marked because the EPS and PCI-E are keyed so that they only go into the appropriate headers. Additionally, the EPS will be a 4+4 and the PCI-E will be a 6+2 - so it is easy to navigate between the two. :)

Dual 6+2.jpg

2 hours ago, CableMod said:

@wilda the dual 6+2 PCI-E (pictured) is more so if you don't have enough available connectors at the PSU end, or if you're doing a SFF/ITX build and space is a limiting factor. They're great in these situations. However for cleaner aesthetics the 6+2 PCI-E (not the dual) is going to be a cleaner look as it is two individual cables, instead of one cable that is a splitter essentially. The PSU ends will be marked "PSU" but the primary end connections aren't marked because the EPS and PCI-E are keyed so that they only go into the appropriate headers. Additionally, the EPS will be a 4+4 and the PCI-E will be a 6+2 - so it is easy to navigate between the two. :)

@CableMod Thank you for the help. I appreciate your  "cable mod for dummies", that was exactly what I needed. :) I have plenty of space (ATX and open layout Define r6) so I will be going for 2 separate cables.

7 hours ago, wilda said:

@CableMod Thank you for the help. I appreciate your  "cable mod for dummies", that was exactly what I needed. :) I have plenty of space (ATX and open layout Define r6) so I will be going for 2 separate cables.

@wilda of course, always happy to help. :)
If you need anything else, ask away!