what happens if i overclock my 144hz monitor?

sideqcktv

can i overclock my 144hz 1ms monitor its AOC. what will happen if i overclock my gaming monitor and how high can i overclock what will happen?

Overclocking a monitor is more a process of reducing color depth to increase other data throughput like your referesh rate. If you overclock you'll have slightly worse colors and slightly better refresh rate.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's not suggested to OC beyond 144. You might end up with loads of issues. Ghosting, flickering, bad colours, low brightness etc.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, fasauceome said:

Overclocking a monitor is more a process of reducing color depth to increase other data throughput like your referesh rate. If you overclock you'll have slightly worse colors and slightly better refresh rate.

if you revert the overclock the monitor then revert the overclock will it change the colors back to normal?

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

It's not suggested to OC beyond 144. You might end up with loads of issues. Ghosting, flickering, bad colours, low brightness etc.

well i saw a linus video today on the ROG winner thing and he overclocked 144hz to 160hz 

Just now, sideqcktv said:

if you revert the overclock the monitor then revert the overclock will it change the colors back to normal?

Yeah, presumably all goes back to normal when removing an overclock. Overclocking a monitor doesn't damage it because you're not forcing in any extra power. Hopefully it doesn't screw with your color settings though.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

well i saw a linus video today on the ROG winner thing and he overclocked 144hz to 160hz 

Yeah that's via a preset on the monitor.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah that's via a preset on the monitor.

so the new asus monitors have a preset to let you overclock? thats sick

so the new asus monitors have a preset to let you overclock? thats sick

Yeah but if you like accurate color then it's a trade off. Up to you.

Primary PC:

Nothing should happen if you go to far. It'll just fail to display or everything will get blurry. Just wait the 30 seconds and windows will revert back to what it was before. 

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

can i overclock in a game to see if anything changes colors wise?

7 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Nothing should happen if you go to far. It'll just fail to display or everything will get blurry. Just wait the 30 seconds and windows will revert back to what it was before. 

9 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

on nvidia panel it says overclocking higher may cause damage and increase heat and voltage