[Case] Looking for a beast case

Fabledrac

Hi, I am looking for a case that is

• Large
  • Has good cable managment
  • Good air flow

Price is not an issue, I want the biggest, best looking case.

So far I have found the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced and I like the look of it, but I was wondering if there was anything better.

Any thoughts on the Corsair 800D as well?

I have always said to get the NZXT phantom either the OG phantom or the phantom 820. it has everything your list says and its cheap compared to anything else

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I have always said to get the NZXT phantom either the OG phantom or the phantom 820. it has everything your list says and its cheap compared to anything else

Thanks for cases, however I am looking for a case with a aesthetic similar to the Cooler Master HAF 932 or the Corsair case mentioned but I am leaning more towards the Cooler masters looks. Thanks anyway.

Make an quad titan case, i want a lot of space and a cool look. i not really going to do anything special.

look at the CM Haf X its a great case

Thanks, i'll add it to my list

When you start looking into $150+ cases, most tend to be fine in terms of air cooling and cable management, so it's really not much of a problem there. The airflow of the 932 is definitely better compared to most other similarly priced cases, but it's not really that much different compared to other units.

Unless you have a need for specific features, I'd just go with whatever you prefer. Cases are largely personal preference, aesthetics especially.

When you start looking into $150+ cases' date=' most tend to be fine in terms of air cooling and cable management, so it's really not much of a problem there. The airflow of the 932 is definitely better compared to most other similarly priced cases, but it's not really that much different compared to other units. Unless you have a need for specific features, I'd just go with whatever you prefer. Cases are largely personal preference, aesthetics especially.[/quote']

thanks for the suggestion

thanks for the suggestion and they could clearly cover the size aspect but the aesthetic isn't really for me.

Make an quad titan case, i want a lot of space and a cool look. i not really going to do anything special.

quad-titan.. XL-ATX board cases get pretty thin..

and if you are dropping $5000 in GPU and " i not really going to do anything special" really?

you'll prolly should start with the switch 810, 900D or CaseLabs STH10. chucking high-end

hardware in low esteem cases is really not an area I like to inject my opinion.

One word: 900D

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

One word: 900D

That looks amazing, I have added it my list. Thanks.

Cases are really subjective. I personally found Corsair/CaseLabs cases amazing internally but the exterior a bit too plain for me. Since you said you prefer CM looks, I suggest getting HAF-X or CM Storm Trooper/Sniper. Rugged look, great build quality, and huge. Also can fit 360mm thick radiator on top natively (for HAF-X) and dual 240mm (and 360 with slight modding) for CM storm trooper.

The 900D might be what you are looking for. It is going to be something like $350 but it is an absolute beast of a case. I posted two video links below. The TTL video is long as fuck and will show you everything about the case whereas the Linus video is still long, but shorter by comparison and will give you a solid run down of the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XPxLD0GNI

I'd go with the 900d. If you want to go unnecessarily large, have a look at the Lian Li pc-d8000

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

+1 on the 900D. Has a beautiful side panel window to show off your build. :)

Linus created a video about this case: www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XPxLD0GNI

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Make an quad titan case' date=' i want a lot of space and a cool look. i not really going to do anything special.[/quote'] quad-titan.. XL-ATX board cases get pretty thin.. and if you are dropping $5000 in GPU and " i not really going to do anything special" really? you'll prolly should start with the switch 810, 900D or CaseLabs STH10. chucking high-end hardware in low esteem cases is really not an area I like to inject my opinion.

I sort of meant putting a lot of time into the build, i just want it to be a quick build, not spend hours.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I think that i will go with the Corsair 900D, especially after seeing Linus' vid on it. No more help is needed, and again thanks everyone!

I think that the 900D is one of the most user friendly cases with great cable management, air cooling friendly as well as water cooling friendly. It also has a lot of space inside as you can see if you watch Linus' video!!!

[url=

]
[/url=
]

900freakin'D, best case i've ever seen, it's huge, you can use it to hold 4 Shuttle PCs =)) and also, the airflow is awesome in that one!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The 900D is an awesome choice though personally I like the Bitfenix Shinobi XL just cause of it's very clean look which I like.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

you seen Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower

edit; spelling

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.