Changing cpu in laptop

RMFLB

Would anybody know if its possible to switch out my 7700hq for a 8750h in my laptop? Its out of warranty and all of that already and im not getting the performance I need for gaming and everyday task like rendering kitchens (kitchen designer) in Autodesk. I have a GL702Vi with a gtx 1080 in it, but im always lacking frames in most titles and you guys figured it was my processor being bottlenecked. This is basically a desktop replacement as I take it on the go with me to meetings and things but I come home and plug it in on the desk to external everything, mouse, mech keyboard and a 144hz monitor. 

Nope, not really possible. It's a BGA processor which means it is soldered onto the motherboard. 

If you had special soldering equipment that costs a lot of money, and lots of time, patience and the skills needed then it would be possible but I don't think you'd want to go through that.

No It is generally not possible. Maybe you can try undervolting it :) that way you might be able to keep up your boost a bit longer and resulting in a higher performance due to cooling. 

21 minutes ago, RMFLB said:

Would anybody know if its possible to switch out my 7700hq for a 8750h in my laptop? Its out of warranty and all of that already and im not getting the performance I need for gaming and everyday task like rendering kitchens (kitchen designer) in Autodesk. I have a GL702Vi with a gtx 1080 in it, but im always lacking frames in most titles and you guys figured it was my processor being bottlenecked. This is basically a desktop replacement as I take it on the go with me to meetings and things but I come home and plug it in on the desk to external everything, mouse, mech keyboard and a 144hz monitor. 

it is soldered (bga as oppose to pga).

It can be done if you have a BGA workstation and replacement chip (hard to find one i guess)

build a pc if you're serious with autocad.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I build on site with customers all over though, like I schedule a 3 hour time to come out and sit with them to build it out so they can see the whole process. Its not really done at my house except for the national design firms I work with :(. I guess i'll just have to get something better overall.

21 minutes ago, RMFLB said:

I build on site with customers all over though, like I schedule a 3 hour time to come out and sit with them to build it out so they can see the whole process. Its not really done at my house except for the national design firms I work with :(. I guess i'll just have to get something better overall.

Did you undervolted it? :) For my laptop the performance increase is around 10% It takes around 10 seconds to do it.  It might not be perfect but it might help some.

Ok, I did a -80 offset and I'll see if that does help a little. Thanks everyone for the advice