Build upgrade

Go to solution Solved by maartendc,
47 minutes ago, Deaglezy said:

ok, so to be honest im not playing the latest games released, i currently enjoying Rust and some others, but my current setup only allows me to play at ultra low settings, and its still at 40~50 fps and the cpu temp gets hot. so should i do the upgrade or save more and upgrade almost everything?

I would upgrade the cpu and motherboard now, (and ram, 3000mhz speed or better). The cpu upgrade will be good for anything you do with the PC, work as well as games. If you want to wait, Zen 2 is coming out next year, but you can always keep waiting. 2600x is a great choice.

The GPU 1050ti  is good enough for not too demanding 1080p games, it is a decent entry level GPU (you could play Overwatch, CS:go, etc 60fps or even demanding games like Battlefield V on lower settings) But you will eventually want to upgrade that GPU as well. Something like a gtx 1070, or vega 56 would be good for the next 3 years or so for 1080p gaming.

Dont expect to play demanding games on ultra at 60fps with that 1050ti though.

Hello everyone, videos are confusing me with cpus and etc, i need extra help and tips.

I want to upgrade my setup, here are the specs;

MOTHERBOARD ASUS M5A78L-M LE

CPU > Amd Fx6300 <-- its bad

CPU cooler > Coolermaster gm100

RAM > 8 gb ram (dont know the brand and the speed)

GPU > GTX 1050 TI 4gb

1TB hard drive from toshiba i think.

i want to upgrade my mobo, cpu and ram and i think im going for rog strix x470-f, ryzen 5 2600x and the rams still no idea, is this good enough to play games at least on high/ultra settings? 

With a 1050ti? No. Upgrading your CPU and motherboard will help our performance, but you'll probably get to medium-high at best. I would also recommend you get a cheaper motherboard. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I think a platform upgrade is a good choice as that cpu is going to be an issue if you upgrade your gpu at all. That being said the 1050ti isn't really capable of high to ultra settings in current AAA titles at 1080p. You will be more in the mix of high to medium settings to hit 60 fps. I owned a gtx 960 which is a rough equivalent of the 1050ti and it was a good card and after getting much more powerful cards you start to realize that the jump from medium to high to ultra isn't that big tbh.  

I would honestly say the best gaming improvement was in fps not visual settings. Having consistent 60 fps makes playing games much better which is not something your current cpu is really capable of. 

ok, so to be honest im not playing the latest games released, i currently enjoying Rust and some others, but my current setup only allows me to play at ultra low settings, and its still at 40~50 fps and the cpu temp gets hot. so should i do the upgrade or save more and upgrade almost everything?

47 minutes ago, Deaglezy said:

I would upgrade the cpu and motherboard now, (and ram, 3000mhz speed or better). The cpu upgrade will be good for anything you do with the PC, work as well as games. If you want to wait, Zen 2 is coming out next year, but you can always keep waiting. 2600x is a great choice.

The GPU 1050ti  is good enough for not too demanding 1080p games, it is a decent entry level GPU (you could play Overwatch, CS:go, etc 60fps or even demanding games like Battlefield V on lower settings) But you will eventually want to upgrade that GPU as well. Something like a gtx 1070, or vega 56 would be good for the next 3 years or so for 1080p gaming.

1 hour ago, maartendc said:

Yeah i know, i got this pc without the cooler it has for 600€ brand new on the store, but that was 3 years ago, eventually maybe in april i will buy a new gpu, i just wanna do a nice upgrade this month. i will go for a 1080 maybe still going to see, but thanks for the help ;)

23 minutes ago, Deaglezy said:

Yeah i know, i got this pc without the cooler it has for 600€ brand new on the store, but that was 3 years ago, eventually maybe in april i will buy a new gpu, i just wanna do a nice upgrade this month. i will go for a 1080 maybe still going to see, but thanks for the help ;)

Sounds like a plan. GTX 1080 or Vega 64 would be a great card for this system for 1080p. You can even do 1440p gaming on the GTX 1070 and 1080. If you want to upgrade to a 4K monitor, you will need something faster, like a GTX 1080Ti or better (although I personally think 4K gaming is not really worth the cost).

Good luck!