[fixed] Windows 10 terrible game performance

Bazzz

[fixed]

Hey guys,

I'm having a strange problem here. All out of sudden all of my games run like crap.

I've updated my drivers and even rolled back a couple of days but they all have a max of 20fps.

I'm talking csgo, but also battlefield V and gta V. None of them run above 20 fps. Cuphead runs at a constant 30 fps, but i'm not sure if its capped. Could be, since its a xbox one console exclusive.

I'm assuming its a windows thing, since all games are affected. I'm pretty sure it can't be the power settings. I already checked those.

My rig has an i5-4460, gtx 1070, 16GB ddr3 ram.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm not sure if this is the right subforum either, so sorry for that :)

Cheers,

Bas

Edited by Bazzz

DDU the 1070 driver and make a clean install with the newest. Had a similar weird issue where out of the blue games would run very poorly, neither Predator Sense nor Afterburner could see my gpu clock speed after a god damn forced windows update. One DDU and clean install later everything works fine.

EDIT: this happened last week so fairly recent

Try to look into the games settings if they didnt set a FPS limiter, some games launch with a FPS limiter enabled, also try reinstalling csgo if that helps.

Did the slow performance start after Windows 10 installed an update?

Also, it doesn't sound like it's your issue, but Windows 10's Game Mode also makes games run slower.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Also, it doesn't sound like it's your issue, but Windows 10's Game Mode also makes games run slower.

Old vid. Also Game mode is more of a notification supressor than anything. 

@Delicieuxz @Ivan Inkoustek @ZeouLs I have to apologize to you all for wasting your time.

while trying to fix something else yesterday I plugged in my monitor to my motherboard..... and it still was.

works fine again.

Thanks for your help!

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Old vid. Also Game mode is more of a notification supressor than anything. 

Do newer benchmarks show something different regarding Windows 10's "game mode"?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

Do newer benchmarks show something different regarding Windows 10's "game mode"?

As far as i know they are within margin of error of eachother. 

Also, it still just a notif blocker while gaming. (Regardless of what Microsoft claims)