NewEgg Security Breach involves payment info

GeekPower0

Earlier this month NewEgg’s attorneys reported a security breach to the Attorney General of the State of Washington. It states that NewEgg learned of the breach on September 18th and reported it to customers on September 19th. Since then they have learned on October 15th that payment card information may have been accessed.

October 15, 2018, the investigation determined the information collected could include customers’ order information—including name, address, payment card number, expiration date, and card security code (CVV2)—for certain orders placed on the Newegg website where a credit card number was entered while placing an order between August 13, 2018, and September 19, 2018.

Source: Twitter

I recommend fixing your post to adhere to the Tech News guidelines before a mod gets here ;) : 

-KuJoe

Also that looks extremely suspicious. Your "source" is a Twitter bot linking to a PDF hosted on AWS? The initial disclosure made by Newegg was in Vermont but this second disclosure was made in Washington state? I cannot find any record of the "new" disclosure anywhere else except that PDF hosted on a public cloud service.

-KuJoe

I got a piece of mail from Newegg stating that our financial information (including cvv, card numbers, etc.) was indeed part of the breach. I only got it because I had purchased something in the window the breach covered.