UK's first steam machine

George4518

Lol 700 pounds, way to make money.

It actually isn't bad by any means, That i3 can handle any game thrown at it, and the gpu, well that's quite good too.
DAT PRICE THOUGH.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

if you use an nice MItx case like the hardon, you can still get more cost effective than that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

and this children is why we cant have nice things

Character artist in the Games industry.

I don't like this whole "Steam Machine" its just SFF PC's with SteamOS, build your own. All though the specs aren't too appealling for the Scan System, I do like the case. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

You could build that for 2/3rds of the price with a choice of any operating system...first and most overpriced hopefully this doesn't follow on in england haha 

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

I don't think any of the Steam Machine hardware specs have been finalised fully yet which is why we have such crazy prices and range of pricing craziness. Perhaps when these come to market we will all be surprised, I just find it hard to believe Steam could be responsible for such a mess.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well I just priced up a 13.3" laptop on their site and it costs £639 for something with the exact same specs and smaller size. So for £60 less you get a keyboard, monitor, WiFi and the ability to use it on the move.

Hopefully once Steam machines are more common companies wont try to extort the name to such a degree but for the first year or so I expect the "Steam Machine" label to cost a fortune.

Overpriced crap.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Might as well get a gaming notebook.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx