Problem with windows booting

Ryan W

Hi everyone, new here today I restart my pc because my computer wouldn’t detect my headset but when it came back on I was greeted with windows automatic repair which went on to fail, I’ve gone through everything online to try and fix it such as the bootfix etc command but got an access denied message when trying to do so so long story short Im at a dead end with what to do the error code is 0xc0000225 and would I be able to combat this by reinstalling windows on a m.2 ssd and delete windows off my current 3.5” hard drive.

thanks in advance 

It's possible your harddrive has kicked the bucket. See if you can boot a Linux live CD to save any data off of it if possible, and then try to reinstall Windows.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Well, reinstalling windows is a sure way of fixing windows problems... it could be a problem with your hardware though. Before you buy a new ssd, try running memtest for a few hours and plugging your windows drive in a different sata port. Make a backup of your hard drive if you have any important data on it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It's possible your harddrive has kicked the bucket. See if you can boot a Linux live CD to save any data off of it if possible, and then try to reinstall Windows.

I don’t have a CD player but my hardrive turns on and spins aswell as showing up in my bios

1 minute ago, Ryan W said:

I don’t have a CD player but my hardrive turns on and spins aswell as showing up in my bios

Doesn't mean it's healthy. You'll need to get into an operating system (via USB in your case) to check.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Doesn't mean it's healthy. You'll need to get into an operating system (via USB in your case) to check.

So a windows boot media install usb?

Just now, Ryan W said:

So a windows boot media install usb?

No, Linux. Windows can't do anything without being installed. Either that, or something like Hiren's boot CD, which comes with a miniXP environment and a ton of tools to check your hardware.

5 hours ago, Ryan W said:

And is this the only way to do it 

If you resetting Windows only because headphones problem (not so good reason) then I'm afraid this is the only way that will work in your case. Most of other advices is more difficult than fixing headphones detection.

5 hours ago, homeap5 said:

If you resetting Windows only because headphones problem (not so good reason) then I'm afraid this is the only way that will work in your case. Most of other advices is more difficult than fixing headphones detection.

No I wasn’t resetting windows I was restarting my pc