will my 1070ti boost csgo? (read desc)

mxk

I've been playing around with editing csgo videos for fun with a nice set of free software and the standard is 1080p 16:9 higher(ish) settings when it comes to recording. Since 4:3 doesn't look to nice when you're watching a video, I realized that my god-tier piledriver cpu can't handle 1080p, but then I thought about my 1070ti thats coming on friday. I know that csgo is pretty cpu bound and I'm bottlenecking already with my 960, but would the 1070ti help get me closer to the 1080p med-higher settings for recording? I'm honestly not really sure thats why I wanted to ask.

I'm probably still gonna have to wait until I get my new intel build up and going but I'm impatient 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

10 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I've been playing around with editing csgo videos for fun with a nice set of free software and the standard is 1080p 16:9 higher(ish) settings when it comes to recording. Since 4:3 doesn't look to nice when you're watching a video, I realized that my god-tier piledriver cpu can't handle 1080p, but then I thought about my 1070ti thats coming on friday. I know that csgo is pretty cpu bound and I'm bottlenecking already with my 960, but would the 1070ti help get me closer to the 1080p med-higher settings for recording? I'm honestly not really sure thats why I wanted to ask.

I'm probably still gonna have to wait until I get my new intel build up and going but I'm impatient 

you should get some texture improvements but it all depends on your match adn connection to the server.

15 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

you should get some texture improvements but it all depends on your match adn connection to the server.

aren't demos hosted locally? Or does valve have servers for demos. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Reducing your resolution to the smallest 16:9 res available is an easy way to find out, as you're only changing the GPU load. If FPS doesn't go up you know the 1070Ti will do nothing. My bet is with that CPU you'll see zero FPS improvement what so ever even if you replaced the 960 with a 2080 Ti.

As you're already aware, the best way to get more FPS in CSGO is to use a narrower aspect ratio.

Just now, mxk. said:

aren't demos hosted locally? Or does valve have servers for demos. 

for demos hosted locally. i thought you were going to edit live game videos also.

Just now, Cookybiscuit said:

Reducing your resolution to the smallest 16:9 res available is an easy way to find out, as you're only changing the GPU load. If FPS doesn't go up you know the 1070Ti will do nothing. My bet is with that CPU you'll see zero FPS improvement what so ever even if you replaced the 960 with a 2080 Ti.

As you're already aware, the best way to get more FPS in CSGO is to use a narrower aspect ratio.

I figured but its good to know. I'll tinker around and maybe find something with console commands.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra