Linus Tech Tips notifications?

Andrew0472

hey guys is it just me or would it be cool if there was like a number of the notifications you have to alert you like facebook does? i hope this makes sense i just have always thought it would be a cool feature

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

hey guys is it just me or would it be cool if there was like a number of the notifications you have to alert you like facebook does? i hope this makes sense i just have always thought it would be a cool feature

there is...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

The forum already has a notification system that seems to work well.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

there is...

i dont think you understand what i mean. Say if im on facebook and linustechtips is open but im not on that tab i wont get a notification until i actually go on the site and look at the little drop down thing

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

The forum already has a notification system that seems to work well.

yeh it works well i just think maybe that little feature would be cool ^_^

i dont think you understand what i mean. Say if im on facebook and linustechtips is open but im not on that tab i wont get a notification until i actually go on the site and look at the little drop down thing

oh then post this on the form help page and the guys might take it into account 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

ahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa OK xD

+1

but no sounds though :) they are annoying...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

ahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa OK xD

+1

but no sounds though :) they are annoying...

eww them sounds i disabled them alooooooooooong time ago ahha

Post it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/72029-forum-features-and-suggestions/

I think it would be nice to have a little notification in the tap bar even though my phone already always vibrates  ^_^

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

No.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

You want something similar to the Gmail feature that updates a number in the tab of the webpage.  Maybe a browser add on of some sort?  I wouldn't know how to do that.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

You want something similar to the Gmail feature that updates a number in the tab of the webpage.  Maybe a browser add on of some sort?  I wouldn't know how to do that.

yeh something like that just didnt know how to say it properly 

We have looked into the auto update/push notification function however we are waiting to see what IPB 4.0 brings to the table before we launch into anything. 

We have looked into the auto update/push notification function however we are waiting to see what IPB 4.0 brings to the table before we launch into anything. 

oh cool! fingers crossed that it might eventuate :D

Sorry 'bout the double post here, but figured I could just as well do a slim publishing of the extension here...

Linus Tech Tips Notifications (0.8.5) Chrome Plugin

lttnico128.png

Download link: http://linusforsell.com/files/random/ltt_extension.crx

How to know if it's running?

You'll see this little icon in your extensions bar: lttnico.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

You need to be logged in to LinusTechTips

Installation

As this extension is not (yet?) published to the Chrome Store, you'll need to install it manually by dropping it into your extensions page at chrome://extensions/

Lemme know if anyone installs it and you find any bugs...

Cheers

Cheers,

Linus

Sorry 'bout the double post here, but figured I could just as well do a slim publishing of the extension here...

lttnico128.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

Installation

As this extension is not (yet?) published to the Chrome Store, you'll need to install it manually by dropping it into your extensions page at chrome://extensions/

Cheers

Darn it.. I use Firefox xD looks sweet though!

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

lttn.png Working on a temporary solution for chrome users (:

Do you think you could eventually work on one for FF?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Do you think you could eventually work on one for FF?

Maybe in the future, but I doubt it. I'm sure there's someone else, who uses Firefox, that could whip up something similar for you guys.  ^_^

Cheers,

Linus

lttnico128.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

Installation

Cheers

this awesome mate thankyou :D

this awesome mate thankyou :D

You're welcome, hopefully it'll not be too taxing on the forum servers, will have to find a way to reduce its footprint a bit possibly.  :)

Cheers,

Linus

lttnico128.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

Installation

Cheers

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Love ya Linus Forsell. 

lttnico128.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

Installation

Cheers

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Love ya Linus Forsell. 

No problem guys, hope it's working as intended.

If anyone's using the extension, and got any feedback to share, please let me know. Putting the finishing touches on the v1 release later this week, and I'd like to have it bug-free by then.  ;)

Cheers,

Linus