Clarification about AMD VSR.

Khader87

Hi, so recently AMD launched their new adrenaline software support VSR on 21:9 aspect ration

I have i7 4790, RX580 8G @1470hz, 16GB DDR3, LG 29UC88 ULTRAWIDE 

I activated VSR and my screen resolution went lower from 2560x1080 to 1920x1080.

I moved it back up but now i get lower screen frequency rather than 75hz or overclcocked 80hz.

If i activated VSR at 2560x1440 and in game can i lower game settings for better and higher FPS? can i use this feature to ger higher FPS? 

Or is it just more intense on the PC. 

How can i use it properly for graphics and FPS! Specially that im trying to run assassin's creed odyssey on medium at steady 60FPS..

How to properly take advantage of it without highly affecting performance. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Khader87 said:

If i activated VSR at 2560x1440 and in game can i lower game settings for better and higher FPS? can i use this feature to ger higher FPS?

Or is it just more intense on the PC. 

How can i use it properly for graphics and FPS! Specially that im trying to run assassin's creed odyssey on medium at steady 60FPS..

How to properly take advantage of it without highly affecting performance.

You could lower settings to compensate, but I would not recommend it.  VSR and DSR are technologies that allow you to use spare performance* (when running old games for example) to get superior AA on things that otherwise couldn't be helped.  If you have to sacrifice other settings to use it, you'd probably be better off not using it and turning up the rest.  You also cannot use it to get higher FPS since it will only ever increase the demand on your system.

* By "spare performance", I mean you can max out the graphics and meet or exceed your desired framerate and still have a lot of GPU power left unused

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.