PC Not booting from USB

MinybjuMC

Hey, I am trying to install windows 7 onto my new pc. I set the boot order to USB first, and have no other storage devices plugged in. When the computer starts up, it shows a message saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I have been trying everything I can to get it to work, but I can't get it to work. What can I do to fix it?

Hey, I am trying to install windows 7 onto my new pc. I set the boot order to USB first, and have no other storage devices plugged in. When the computer starts up, it shows a message saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I have been trying everything I can to get it to work, but I can't get it to work. What can I do to fix it?

What program did you use to create the bootable drive? Something probably went wrong. 

From my experience Unetbootin is the best free software for creating a bootable drive. It works every time for me. 

Have you made a proper bootable USB drive ?

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

What have you got on the USB? Is it just the .iso file or have you burned iso?

what software did you use to get the iso onto usb?

I have burned the iso onto the usb

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

I used my mac, using terminal.

Hey mate, I have a Mac myself and I have successfully installed Windows 7 on it with from an ISO disc image myself. I didn't use terminal though to do it, I just used the Bootcamp Assistant utility to create the bootable USB drive. Have you tried doing that?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Or he could just extract the ISO onto the usb, unplug it and plug it back in. That's what I always do.

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

http://rufus.akeo.ie <-- simple, compatible, lightweight.... recommended. Just download the win7 ISO from http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso pick the ISO and USB drive within rufus, start the process. when done all you need to do is boot from your USB just like you would do from a disc and tada! start the installation process.

have you seen one of Linus's old videos on NCIX of how to create a windows 7 bootable usb

I just worked in a PC that had a unusual "enable USB storage"  setting in the bios, I didn't understand why it wouldn't boot from the USB until I saw that option.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Have u got the hdd plugged in properly

That helped me when a similar event occurred