Custom sleeve

Hello!

I am looking to custom sleeve all of my cables on my TT 750 fully modular RGB sync gold PSU.

Been looking everywhere but keep getting different answers. 

there are three questions,

1) What equipment do I need such as atx pins gauge wire etc.

2) Where do i get the equipment from.

3) the process of making the wires.

I am going for a orange and black themed build. I know you can buy cable extensions and what not but I would like the whole cable to be out of these colours so I can do custom lengths.

oh I would also need to know the different sizes of braiding to get, such as 8mm thick but then 25m long etc

Regards

Well I dont know if you can get custom color wires with pins, well I have two choices to offer:

1. User spray can and spray wires with color you want.

2. Buy wires with colors you want and cut out old wires and solder new ones with your chosen wires, my advice do this action with one wire at same time, so you wont fuck up your wiring.

If you decide do wiring yourself, then you need: 1. Solder with 25-35W power, 2. Solder flux 3. I dont know actual name, but that thing is used instead of duct tape after you solder your wires together, in my local electronic shop I explain as this: Thing is used to cover open soldering place it look like like pipe but after you move that thing on that open solder place and heat it(direct fire matches or etc) it squeezes around wire and become as part of it 4. Solder metal look like this: 50919828.jpg?h=2000&w=2000

You can get everything from local radio/electronic part shop, how to solder you will in youtube.

But if you never done soldering I suggest use spray can,it will be much faster, and you wont fuck your wiring. Good luck.

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

8 minutes ago, speed258 said:

Well I dont know if you can get custom color wires with pins, well I have two choices to offer:

1. User spray can and spray wires with color you want.

2. Buy wires with colors you want and cut out old wires and solder new ones with your chosen wires, my advice do this action with one wire at same time, so you wont fuck up your wiring.

If you decide do wiring yourself, then you need: 1. Solder with 25-35W power, 2. Solder flux 3. I dont know actual name, but that thing is used instead of duct tape after you solder your wires together, in my local electronic shop I explain as this: Thing is used to cover open soldering place it look like like pipe but after you move that thing on that open solder place and heat it(direct fire matches or etc) it squeezes around wire and become as part of it 4. Solder metal look like this: 50919828.jpg?h=2000&w=2000

You can get everything from local radio/electronic part shop, how to solder you will in youtube.

But if you never done soldering I suggest use spray can,it will be much faster, and you wont fuck your wiring. Good luck.

I only want to make the cables and braiding. I believe you don't need a soldering kit, I just need to know where to get all the equipment from, such as 16 gauge wire, braiding kits and the ATX male and female pins and connectors. I am doing a high end build so don't want to spray wires as it would look tacky

5 minutes ago, Staritegaming said:

I only want to make the cables and braiding. I believe you don't need a soldering kit, I just need to know where to get all the equipment from, such as 16 gauge wire, braiding kits and the ATX male and female pins and connectors. I am doing a high end build so don't want to spray wires as it would look tacky

I highly doubt it you can get ATX connector, but if you use old psu use its atx connector and re-solder wires, in this way you can do your own braiding.

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Power supply cables are crimped and not soldert.

@op you can remove the cable from the connector, sleeve it and put it back in the connector. There are lots of tutorials online and it should even be part of the modding faq.

Long time ago I tried to disassemble wire from connector, and its is god damn hard job, faster way is to cut wire 4-5 cm from connector and solder with new wire.

54 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Power supply cables are crimped and not soldert.

@op you can remove the cable from the connector, sleeve it and put it back in the connector. There are lots of tutorials online and it should even be part of the modding faq.

Thanks! just need to get custom braids and heatshrinks right and a tool to get the clips out correct?

On 10/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Staritegaming said:

Thanks! just need to get custom braids and heatshrinks right and a tool to get the clips out correct?

You can purchase premade sleeved cables from places like Cable mod, if you plan to make your own you need to purchase the crimper, crimps, wire and connectors to build it from scratch unless you want to break down the original cables to do so. 

I have a guide here that goes over this in detail under the Sleeving section.

5 hours ago, W-L said:

You can purchase premade sleeved cables from places like Cable mod, if you plan to make your own you need to purchase the crimper, crimps, wire and connectors to build it from scratch unless you want to break down the original cables to do so. 

I have a guide here that goes over this in detail under the Sleeving section.

Thank you I will check it out! :)