[FIXED] Battlefield 3 crashes on windows 10?

Daddy Senpai
3 hours ago, Daddy Senpai said:

I've Found my BF games in EA Games but BF3 isnt in there ive searched the whole regedit and i cant find it im going to reinstall it to see if that works.

When you reinstall it, install it in the same location as all the other BF games on your PC so you'll be able to find it.

When did you buy BF3? Where did you buy BF3 from? Are you using Origin to play BF3?

Are you running the game on Windows 10? Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

4 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

When you reinstall it, install it in the same location as all the other BF games on your PC so you'll be able to find it.

When did you buy BF3? Where did you buy BF3 from? Are you using Origin to play BF3?

Are you running the game on Windows 10? Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

I bought the game when a few years after release on origin and I'm running windows 10

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600. GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A. Storage: 240GB Adata SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda.CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X. PSU: Corsair 450W VS Series. Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue).

12 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3

It's finally appeared but there is not files to change only basic info

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600. GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A. Storage: 240GB Adata SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda.CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X. PSU: Corsair 450W VS Series. Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue).

9 minutes ago, Daddy Senpai said:

It's finally appeared but there is not files to change only basic info

I'm guessing this is because the files are being installed in a different folder. Same thing happens with other games. It'll install things in My Documents sometimes. Try checking there. Do you by chance have a shortcut to BF3 on your desktop? You could try running the game in compatibility mode and choose Windows 8. Remember, Windows 10 was not out yet when BF3 was released so this could be the culprit of your issue.

2 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

I'm guessing this is because the files are being installed in a different folder. Same thing happens with other games. It'll install things in My Documents sometimes. Try checking there. Do you by chance have a shortcut to BF3 on your desktop? You could try running the game in compatibility mode and choose Windows 8. Remember, Windows 10 was not out yet when BF3 was released so this could be the culprit of your issue.

thanks ill check, the game now seems to run but as soon as I touched the keyboard that's when the crash happens.

3 minutes ago, Daddy Senpai said:

the game now seems to run but as soon as I touched the keyboard that's when the crash happens.

You might could try Windows 7 mode after you try Windows 8 since Windows 7 was released in 2009 and BF3 was released in 2011 and Windows 8 was released in October of 2012.

1 minute ago, A Random Dude said:

You might could try Windows 7 mode after you try Windows 8 since Windows 7 was released in 2009 and BF3 was released in 2011 and Windows 8 was released in October of 2012.

trying windows 8 now

4 minutes ago, Daddy Senpai said:

trying windows 8 now

Okay. Does your PC by chance say, "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" when it crashes?

Also, you should try going into Origin and right-click Battlefield 3, then select properties and uncheck the box to eliminate Origin In-Game Overlay. This may not exactly fix your crashing issue but it will definitely help with performance on most Origin games.

4 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Okay. Does your PC by chance say, "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" when it crashes?

Also, you should try going into Origin and right-click Battlefield 3, then select properties and uncheck the box to eliminate Origin In-Game Overlay.

The windows 8 compatibility seems to have work ill mess around abit to trying a get it working perfectly but the keyboard glitch has gone and when the crash happened no "Stop Working" notification came up it just closed.

7 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Also, you should try going into Origin and right-click Battlefield 3, then select properties and uncheck the box to eliminate Origin In-Game Overlay.

Multiplayer though doesn't seemed to have worked

3 minutes ago, Daddy Senpai said:

Multiplayer though doesn't seemed to have worked

What happens when you try to play multiplayer?

Just now, A Random Dude said:

Loads in, as soon as I try to move the mouse or move with the keyboard, crash with no crash notification, trying to see if windows 7 helps.

I've also disabled Origin in-game

1 minute ago, Daddy Senpai said:

Loads in, as soon as I try to move the mouse or move with the keyboard, crash with no crash notification, trying to see if windows 7 helps.

Have you by chance overclocked your GPU?

Windows 7 seems to have fixed the problem.

Just now, A Random Dude said:

Have you by chance overclocked your GPU?

yes i have.

Windows 7 seems to have fixed the problem.

Hope it continues to stay fixed. Be sure to play for an hour or so to make sure.

yes i have.

If the game runs fine in Windows 7 in multiplayer, you may have solved your crashing issue. If somehow in the future your game starts crashing again, I would suggest finding out if overclocking your GPU could possibly be the culprit. Just unapply the overclock and see if it changes anything. Apply it back if it doesn't fix it. Again, only try this if you start experiencing those crashes again.

Hope it continues to stay fixed. Be sure to play for an hour or so to make sure.

If the game runs fine in Windows 7 in multiplayer, you may have solved your crashing issue. If somehow in the future your game starts crashing again, I would suggest finding out if overclocking your GPU could possibly be the culprit. Just unapply the overclock and see if it changes anything. Apply it back if it doesn't fix it. Again, only try this if you start experiencing those crashes again.

I will thanks for the help I'll guide my mates to do the same thing so that we can have our nostalgia back again. 

I will thanks for the help I'll guide my mates to do the same thing so that we can have our nostalgia back again.

Welcome. If this helps your friends too, it's definitely the fix. Let me know if it doesn't work for them too, it could be a driver issue for them. Sometimes old games need old drivers to run properly. 

1 minute ago, A Random Dude said:

Welcome. If this helps your friends too, it's definitely the fix. Let me know if it doesn't work for them too, it could be a driver issue for them. Sometimes old games need old drivers to run properly. 

ill let you know for sure.

20 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

The windows 7 thing has fixed BF3 for my mates