Should I leave Windows 10 "Record That" on?

Renton577

So I really want to be able to record cool moments I have in my PC games like I do on my Xbox but unlike my Xbox I'm sure there is a performance hit with keeping this turned on with windows. Do you think I will be able to notice it turned on FPS wise with a i7-7700HQ clocked at stock desktop 7700 frequency?

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

3 minutes ago, RKarim said:

You should be fine.

Thank you.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

Fun fact for anyone that may stumble across this article. I did some testing with the Forza Horizon 4 demo benchmark, One test with record that enabled, one with just gamebar enabled and the other with gamebar and features disabled. Gamebar and recording were within margin of error with the average framerate coming in at 73 and 74, with a stutter count of 9 and 5 respectively. Turning it ALL off however made it jump to 77 Average and the stutter count to 2. CPU and GPU bound rendering both saw a modest increase as well.

Guess the takeaway here is that in the grand scheme it really isn't that noticeable unless you're sensitive to stutters and FPS drops like I am. It will however give you an overall smoother and faster experience in your games but if its worth it or not is really highly subjective.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

I always keep it on. If your hardware has even the teeniest bit of overhead while gaming you'll be good. I prefer the game bar to the Steam/Origin/Nvidia overlays.