4g not working

4g on my LG G6 has stopped working. When I turn it on the 4g singnal doesn't show up in my notification bar. When I try to use the internet nothing loads, but I don't get a offline notification. The weird thing is that I am able to create a hotspot with my 4g and use the internet on other devices.

6 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

talk to your service provider

The sim card works. I put it in another phone and the 4g worked

48 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

The sim card works. I put it in another phone and the 4g worked

Great, that eliminates the SIM card as being physically damaged. Now you'll want to confirm that your APN settings for your service provider are correct, and/or factory reset the phone to wipe potentially problematic apps from it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Great, that eliminates the SIM card as being physically damaged. Now you'll want to confirm that your APN settings for your service provider are correct, and/or factory reset the phone to wipe potentially problematic apps from it.

I havnt installed any apps since the problem accured. Can the phone be damaged?

Just now, DeagleMaster69 said:

I havnt installed any apps since the problem accured. Can the phone be damaged?

Gotcha, and yes, the phone can certainly be damaged. If you can take the phone to your carrier and have them test it with another SIM card, this will quickly rule out if the phone is the problem. While you're there, they can input / verify that their APN settings are correct for 4G / LTE service too.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Gotcha, and yes, the phone can certainly be damaged. If you can take the phone to your carrier and have them test it with another SIM card, this will quickly rule out if the phone is the problem. While you're there, they can input / verify that their APN settings are correct for 4G / LTE service too.

Idf the phone is damaged will it be covered by warrenty?

8 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Idf the phone is damaged will it be covered by warrenty?

Depends on how the phone is damaged. If it's a defect that the terms of the warranty cover, then it will be covered. Otherwise it won't be. To know for sure you'd have to check with LG's warranty terms and/or the place you purchased it from.

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Depends on how the phone is damaged. If it's a defect that the terms of the warranty cover, then it will be covered. Otherwise it won't be. To know for sure you'd have to check with LG's warranty terms and/or the place you purchased it from.

The only damage I have done to it is that the back glass is a bit cracked