[Build Log] Project Dequilibrium

TheAnonymousPoster

Project Dequilibrium

Background & Specs

So right off the bat this mod, for me, is all about downsizing.  I find myself moving my computer around an awful lot at university. 

The Current specifications are:

Intel Core i7 3930k @4.3ghz

Asrock Extreme 7 x79

24gb DDr3 1600mhz Corsair XM3 Ram

Pny Gtx 680

NZXT Phantom Original Chassis

Corsair H100i cooler

2tb WD Caviar Black

750gb Samsung Spinpoint backup drive

Liteon DVD rewriter

Bequiet Dark Power Pro p6 550watt psu

Everything is staying the same as I move into the MatX form factor, except one or two components

Asrock Extreme 4-m x79.

The MSI one in the same price range had shoddy reviews. I'm also already using Asrock so my theory (Which was correct) is that I wont have to re-install windows or anything as all the drivers will be the same.  I gave it a quick test on the cardboard box and it worked a treat only having to reinstall the gpu drivers which is no issue.

NZXT HUE for lighting,

Picked it up for £30 in the sales which was an absolute steal. I was looking to spend £20 on led strips anyway, heck why not have complete control over it and not have to mod in a switch too. It's a win win.

And finally the big purchase. the new chassis. Corsair 350D with a solid side panel.

Yep, you heard it right. I've gone with a solid side panel chassis all will be explained later. Although it's kind of obvious dont you think.

The GPU will be eventually upgraded to a Gtx780 (When I can afford it, need to prioritize eating first).

The Mod idea.

So here is the plan. I'm a CG artist and 3D has always been a passion of mine. So i'm paying tribute to the software I both love and hate. Autodesk Maya. The logo of which (well was until they changed it the bastards)  A simplistic dragon.  

PCSidePanel.jpg

The dxf file for the panel

PanelCNC.png

This will be cut out in the side panel and then either a plain bit of acrylic behind it or acrylic which has been laser etched with the bit of detail of the dragon to flesh out the window and shape. The NZXT hue providing nice internal lighting.

Also I will be custom sleeving all the power cables, the hideous OEM sleeving replaced with lutro0 Customs telios sleeving.  Black, darkgrey and navy to bring some slight blue highlight to the interior of the chassis.

It's a simple mod yes but as I said the main goal was to downsize the chassis and still have a power house.

Oh, the names from a friend who helped me during this!

Asrock X79 Extreme4-M || Intel i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz  || EVGA GTX 780Ti SC || 32Gb Kington hyperX|| Modded Corsair 350D || Intel 530 SSD 512Gb || 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB || Corsair H100I || NZXT HUE || Custom Sleeved BeQuiet P9 600 Watt 

HTC ONE || Asus Zenbook UX302LG

Heres the first batch of sleeving, 2x 6pin PCI-E power cables. The +2 has been kept however it will be hidden behind the case just in 'case' i need it in the future. 

xy1r.jpgifkf.jpgg23z.jpgrz8b.jpg4rlf.jpgp83i.jpg

Asrock X79 Extreme4-M || Intel i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz  || EVGA GTX 780Ti SC || 32Gb Kington hyperX|| Modded Corsair 350D || Intel 530 SSD 512Gb || 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB || Corsair H100I || NZXT HUE || Custom Sleeved BeQuiet P9 600 Watt 

Lol, for a second I thought you were getting 24gb for a random reason, until I actually read more :P. Pretty solid build, I wish you luck in your build :)

Diamond 5 in League :)

Lol, for a second I thought you were getting 24gb for a random reason, until I actually read more :P. Pretty solid build, I wish you luck in your build :)

Haha it's a 6 channel motherboard  6x4 is 24 last time I checked ;)  Thankyou!

Nice! Followed.

Cheers, hopefully it won't disappoint

Man i really need to learn how to sleeve cables, they look so good.

Lutro0Customs has brilliant guides, its his tools  / sleeving im using and its an absolute dream, some what relaxing too. Brilliant prices to (and no i dont work for the guy :P

Looking like it will be a good one, Subbed

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

But I do and the sleeving looks awesome good job for a first time bud. Glad you like sleeving as much as me :D!!! Followed too!

Time for an update me thinks.

Bit of a nightmare the 24 pin was, ive had to use a some what unique method which will all be revealed in the next update if its done. The side panel should be sent off shortly for cutting and tomorrow is finishing off the sleeving 110%. 

Anyway so here are some more sleeving photos, depending on how much you can see the satas will decide if i sleeve them.

Anyway so here is the 8pin & 24 pin all sleeved up and looking nice. Just have to sew them or train them now.

jnsj.jpgjknh.jpg

awesome though i preferred the dragon that u posted about before

Just a guy with a beard

awesome though i preferred the dragon that u posted about before

More on thats coming dont worry :D its being sent off next week for CNC  cutting and should look awesome. Im prepping the case over the weekend 

More on thats coming dont worry :D its being sent off next week for CNC  cutting and should look awesome. Im prepping the case over the weekend 

cant wait to see it :P

Just a guy with a beard