cpu comparison! How stronger is my new cpu

i have for now a amd FX-8350 and i plan on buying a i7-8700k. im just asking just how stronger my new cpu is(plan to overclock to 5 ghz but dont count that in just now) or if it is even stronger?!

isnt 8 core better than 6?

PS: im a total novice

thanks

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

7 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i have for now a amd FX-8350 and i plan on buying a i7-8700k. im just asking just how stronger my new cpu is(plan to overclock to 5 ghz but dont count that in just now) or if it is even stronger?!

isnt 8 core better than 6?

PS: im a total novice

thanks

WAAYYYYY better. Totally get it. If you're looking for budget though. I recommend getting a Ryzen CPU if you don't have that much money. It seems like you do though since your considering getting an i7 8700K. 8 cores are better, but the quality of the cores really count. FX cores are trash and not quality. Intel cores, however, are quality, and even if you have fewer cores, it will still perform better. AMD Ryzen series, however, is way better in quality. Plus if you're going to get a new CPU, you also need to get an entirely different motherboard and the sockets are different. Tell me your price range if you want me to find one for you.

5 minutes ago, Sound_Barrier said:

WAAYYYYY better. Totally get it. If you're looking for budget though. I recommend getting a Ryzen CPU if you don't have that much money. It seems like you do though since your considering getting a i7 8700K.

bro im getting a 3000€ gaming monster with a 1080ti strix and 32 gb of ram. money is not an issue for me

6 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

thank you for that i tried to foind such a site but never found it

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

2 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

bro im getting a 3000€ gaming monster with a 1080ti strix and 32 gb of ram. money is not an issue for me

Alright, well are you going to use it for gaming or what?

5 minutes ago, Sound_Barrier said:

Alright, well are you going to use it for gaming or what?

gaming and contentcreation

oh and do future generations support the socket for the 8700k if i want to upgade in a few years. the icelake generation is still ways away in 2020 delayed