Is the Dark Rock 4 Pro in the long run too heavy for the ROG Strix Z370-I gaming?

Asmodaeus

Hi,

As the title suggests, I'm concerned  whether the Dark Rock 4 Pro is too heavy in the long run for the ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming ITX motherboard?
Does anyone have any experience in this regard, and can tell me if this is ok on a long-term basis, I'm unsure about that since itx boards are only fixed with 4 screws in the case. I don't know if it matters but the case I use is a Fractal nano S Window Edition.
Can someone tell me whether the Socket and / or the Cpu still can get damaged by the Dark Rock 4 when used conscientiously(I have read that the Coffee Lake socket and Cpus could still be sensitive to high-weight coolers).
At the moment I have a Hydro Series H60 in my system, but from the beginning it was only a temporary solution for me, because I could not decide which cooling system I would like to have permanently and I had  the H60 in spare.

Thank you very much in Advance.

And sorry for my bad English :)

Haven't used that specific cpu cooler but as long as the backplate isn't made of play doh you should be fine

My life

You will be fine. Unless you're constantly moving the PC, the Dark Rock will not damage the motherboard or CPU.

Would I have to get the Dark Rock 4 Pro from the mainboard/cpu and put it back on if I take the PC to a Lan party?

22 minutes ago, Asmodaeus said:

Would I have to get the Dark Rock 4 Pro from the mainboard/cpu and put it back on if I take the PC to a Lan party?

If you want, but unless you are doing jumping jacks while holding the PC, you should be fine with keeping it on the whole time.

well i have a drp3 and a z370i from msi, I travel a lot by plane and I check it in my luggage, i never take the cpu cooler out and it wasn't yet been torn into pieces (i do 30h journeys most of the time 12 hours on a plane 6 hours being thrown off in my connection airport and 12 hours more of planes). you will be fine

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

20 hours ago, Asmodaeus said:

If you like extra work. Like post above says, its going to be fine. Bigger coolers are designed so that backplate and mounting system distribute weigth of cooler all over motherboard. With cooler fitted tight and motherboard fixed tight into place, in theory your whole case would need to bend to make it come loose.

If you are overworried, just pick another smaller cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/21/2018 at 2:37 PM, Asmodaeus said:

No need. The weight of the cooler isn't a hazard unless the system sustains a big impact like being dropped from a high height. Even then, it might be fine.

Here's an extreme example: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.