Undecided on which monitor to buy . HELP

Cazan

hey guys, i'm really debating with myself lately about 3 monitors.... 2 of them are IPS an one of them is TN. all of them are 1080p and 24 inch screens.

i'm going to name them by prefference in the "looks" department lol 

HP 24ES (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Value-24-inch-Displays/7274745/document/c05272270/)

-best looks

-no freesync

-IPS

-4ms GTG response time

-160€ (on discount currently and ends 25th of july)

ACER KG1 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.UX1AA.001

-TN 

-75 Hz Freesync

-1ms tesponse time

-146€

Samsung LS24F35 (cant find the specs page lol)

-IPS

-5ms response time 

-60Hz Freesync

-160€

i really love the hp because of its looks but it has no freesync... so i think its between the acer and samsung , they look about the same so its about the TN and IPS ... which one do you think is better ? i really dont know cause of the color quality between TN and IPS. 

Note:i would like to learn some more editing videos and photos .  i also  game casually and sometimes i spend long periods of time doing papers for university or studying . does IPS hurt the eyes less? 

Spoiler

IMG_20180720_215303.thumb.jpg.a46309a734910ee001061c790f50056b.jpgIMG_20180720_215226.thumb.jpg.2eab1ff557769b554e5693dbd44882e3.jpgIMG_20180720_215202.thumb.jpg.69053dd45294dd7e850e9ba85b0d4a4c.jpg

2 minutes ago, LinusDropTips69 said:

by looks do you mean image quality or physical appearance?

physical appearance, thx for the question

6 minutes ago, Cazan said:

hey guys, i'm really debating with myself lately about 3 monitors.... 2 of them are IPS an one of them is TN. all of them are 1080p and 24 inch screens.

i'm going to name them by prefference in the "looks" department lol 

HP 24ES (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Value-24-inch-Displays/7274745/document/c05272270/)

-best looks

-no freesync

-IPS

-4ms GTG response time

-160€ (on discount currently and ends 25th of july)

ACER KG1 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.UX1AA.001

-TN 

-75 Hz Freesync

-1ms tesponse time

-146€

Samsung LS24F35 (cant find the specs page lol)

-IPS

-5ms response time 

-60Hz Freesync

-160€

i really love the hp because of its looks but it has no freesync... so i think its between the acer and samsung , they look about the same so its about the TN and IPS ... which one do you think is better ? i really dont know cause of the color quality between TN and IPS. 

Note:i would like to learn some more editing videos and photos .  i also  game casually and sometimes i spend long periods of time doing papers for university or studying . does IPS hurt the eyes less? 

Chose IPS.

It offers more latency, but It gives you stunning colours compared to tn and also gives you great viewing angles.

I am unsure if IPS hurts the eyes but my guess would be probably not. I am doing just fine with mine and I've been here for like 4 hours.

Also if you are doing video and photo editing, you might need to work in specific color spaces. This is of course where IPS shines as it offers much better colors. Not necessarily richer, but it is able to demonstrate more colors than TN. TN is made for gamers with extremely low latencey

1 minute ago, LinusDropTips69 said:

Chose IPS.

It offers more latency, but It gives you stunning colours compared to tn and also gives you great viewing angles.

I am unsure if IPS hurts the eyes but my guess would be probably not. I am doing just fine with mine and I've been here for like 4 hours.

i've looked at the samsung and the hp side by side today and they where AMAZING ..compared to my 1440x900 TN i have home lol 

i meant if IPS hurts LESS then TN SORRY * cause mine (TN) makes my eyes hurt sometimes 

1 minute ago, Cazan said:

i've looked at the samsung and the hp side by side today and they where AMAZING ..compared to my 1440x900 TN i have home lol 

i meant if IPS hurts LESS then TN SORRY * cause mine (TN) makes my eyes hurt sometimes 

Ok. I'm telling my personal experience with IPS. I have never used a TN panel before. My previous monitor was VA which offered richer blacks. What is your budget for monitors? I was going to look for some alternatives. However, If you want to go for one of these three, go for the HP. It looks better :)

41 minutes ago, LinusDropTips69 said:

Ok. I'm telling my personal experience with IPS. I have never used a TN panel before. My previous monitor was VA which offered richer blacks. What is your budget for monitors? I was going to look for some alternatives. However, If you want to go for one of these three, go for the HP. It looks better :)

I really want to go for one of those 3 cause i want to buy them in a local shop and thats what they have available that i liked , i'm getting more inclined for the hp too since i really dont game that much lately , thx for your oppinion !

1 minute ago, Cazan said:

I really want to go for one of those 3 cause i want to buy them in a local shop and thats what they have available that i liked , i'm getting more inclined for the hp too since i really dont game that much lately , thx for your oppinion !

youre welcome. go 4 it

On 20/07/2018 at 10:55 PM, LinusDropTips69 said:

youre welcome. go 4 it

Bought it ! The hp one , super happy and no regrets ! 

19 hours ago, Cazan said:

Bought it ! The hp one , super happy and no regrets ! 

good for you. have fun!