Looking to start a consistent Overwatch group (EST)

Hello!

Before I get into it, ill give you a little back round my OW career,

• Former console player that recently joined the master race.
  • Career best was low diamond (console)
  • Would mostly float around high gold
  • Avid OW content consumer (News, map & hero strats, general Youtube content to improve my game)
  • Very tuned into the concept of NOT tilting

My underlining goal here is start up a crew of like minded players that play the game because it is FUN; people who love the game of and don't live and die by their rank. Now that isn't to say that I do not want to be competitive in ranked, I absolutely do. However I believe that understanding the following principles will have a positive impact on our rank, and keep us in the mindset of always wanting to push forward.

1.We will not win every game

• It is the obvious truth. Clear and concise evaluation of a loss as a team is important; always learning from mistakes

2.Tilting & Raging will cost us the match

• Not true for every case or player -For most however- playing the game in a tilted mindset heavily impairs their in-game decision making and overall performance, eventually leading to loss and or throw.
  • Staying positive is key. If a loss is on the horizon, raging at your team is not the solution. Take a breath and "GG NT" your teammates, even randoms. Providing positive and constructive criticism will drastically help your teammate's confidence for the next one.
  • Getting frustrated is natural. If the frustration cannot be helped, take a step back. Grab some air, have a smoke, jump into a deathmatch to Cool down.

3. Switch Heroes (competitive)

• If we are stuck in a choke, or the Mcee/Widow are gods hitting every shot. Think about your current hero, or the team's composition and make the educated switch, and communicate the reasoning. Approaching the same problem with the same strategy will not win us the game.

Elaborating more on the goal of this post - Starting up a "crew" that understands the concepts listed above would be super beneficial for our time spent playing Overwatch. Keep in mind, I would ideal like the majority of crew play to be focused around Eastern Time, However if you share the same principles, you are welcome. I have started a bare bones discord server "LTT-OW Crew" for now to get things going. If you are interested in being a part of this, feel free to post your Blizzard handle or discord handle. Also feel free to add MUNCHEESE#8781 on discord for a server invite.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-MUNCHEESE

Lol
Real PC enthusiasts don't use the Nazi terminology to describe themselves ;)

I don't play, but hopefully you find some good players here. Just be prepared for youngin's.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a group too. Sadly, I'm not as skilled as you, and haven't put as much time as you have into the game. I would really like to get more serious and competitive. I've been trying, but at the end, soloing the competitive scene doesn't always bode well. I'm happy to try and make a group if you are still looking for people

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, MUNCHEESE said:

Hello!

• Avid OW content consumer (News, map & hero strats, general Youtube content to improve my game)

My underlining goal here is start up a crew of like minded players that play the game because it is FUN; people who love the game of and don't live and die by their rank. Now that isn't to say that I do not want to be competitive in ranked, I absolutely do. However I believe that understanding the following principles will have a positive impact on our rank, and keep us in the mindset of always wanting to push forward.

• It is the obvious truth. Clear and concise evaluation of a loss as a team is important; always learning from mistakes

• Not true for every case or player -For most however- playing the game in a tilted mindset heavily impairs their in-game decision making and overall performance, eventually leading to loss and or throw.
  • Staying positive is key. If a loss is on the horizon, raging at your team is not the solution. Take a breath and "GG NT" your teammates, even randoms. Providing positive and constructive criticism will drastically help your teammate's confidence for the next one.
  • Getting frustrated is natural. If the frustration cannot be helped, take a step back. Grab some air, have a smoke, jump into a deathmatch to Cool down.

• If we are stuck in a choke, or the Mcee/Widow are gods hitting every shot. Think about your current hero, or the team's composition and make the educated switch, and communicate the reasoning. Approaching the same problem with the same strategy will not win us the game.

Elaborating more on the goal of this post - Starting up a "crew" that understands the concepts listed above would be super beneficial for our time spent playing Overwatch. Keep in mind, I would ideal like the majority of crew play to be focused around Eastern Time, However if you share the same principles, you are welcome. I have started a bare bones discord server "LTT-OW Crew" for now to get things going. If you are interested in being a part of this, feel free to post your Blizzard handle or discord handle. Also feel free to add MUNCHEESE#8781 on discord for a server invite.

-MUNCHEESE

I would be willing to play with you, but I would need to play with you in qp before comp, also im in low plat on PC east.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, MUNCHEESE said:

Hello!

-MUNCHEESE

My battle tag is Paula#1223 if you need it, but I added you on discord.

• 3 weeks later...

Rain#13120

Mostly float between frontline and support, dont play much since I dont have a solid group, but would be happy to join up.

Best rank so far was somewhere in gold after placements, but only with 20-ish games played that season I think. 

Definitely not somebody who rages or gets super salty, lots of experience with esports titles via LoL where salt levels are extraordinary.  If Im starting to tilt its time for me to log out.  Im not a micro-focused player, looking more towards macro play for wins.  I wanna strategize and win via a better brain.exe rather than just being the fastest response time (which i will probably never achieve).  Im willing to listen to constructive criticism and learn from it, so Id rather play higher than my current skill level to learn from those better than me.

I am on est, and am adding you in disc now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, MUNCHEESE said:

Hello!

-MUNCHEESE

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a team as this is an older post but If you are then I would like to join. if you'll have me that is.  my battle tag is superchicken and I have been playing for close to a year and am still stuck in bronze, I main Rinehart, and I don't have a lot of time to play but what time I do have I spent on overwatch.  I don't have any experience with discord and I don't have time to set one up so if you are looking for more of a casual member that uses team chat as a space filler, go ahead and shoot me an invite.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, dizmo said:

Lol
Real PC enthusiasts don't use the Nazi terminology to describe themselves ;)

I don't play, but hopefully you find some good players here. Just be prepared for youngin's.

I was under the impression that it was a self deprecating joke. 

On 7/18/2018 at 7:11 PM, MUNCHEESE said:

Hello!

I'm a player with a lot of experience in all the different roles. I'd definitely love to join to have fun with other like - minded players. 

[edit] 

I cannot add you on discord with the tag you provided. My discord is Sylvie#0001