(Quick) Question About the Boot Menu (Win10)

KSP

Hey guys,

So I wiped my GPU drivers for the first time using DDU while running the Windows Safe Mode with Networking option, which I enabled by following this guide (https://windowsreport.com/add-safe-mode-boot-menu-windows-10/). Now, after having installed my new GPU drivers and having entered the normal Windows operating system, whenever I turn on my PC or restart it, I immediately get a screen which asks me whether which operating system I would like to run (Normal or Safe Mode with Networking). While its not really a major problem, per se,  its kind of annoying. Is there a way to disable this, or just have it default to the Normal Windows 10 without it asking?

Thanks.

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

34 minutes ago, Thirdoh said:

maybe this will help

This didn't exactly work. After I open msconfig, under the General tab, I have Selective Startup chosen by default. If I chose Normal Startup and hit 'Apply' and then 'Ok', It asks me to restart, which I do. However, After restarting, I still get the screen that asks me what operating system I would like to run. After choosing the normal Windows 10 and booting, I checked msconfig and it had reverted back to Selective Startup. I can't get it to actually stay on Normal Startup :( 

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

4 minutes ago, KSP said:

This didn't exactly work. After I open msconfig, under the General tab, I have Selective Startup chosen by default. If I chose Normal Startup and hit 'Apply' and then 'Ok', It asks me to restart, which I do. However, After restarting, I still get the screen that asks me what operating system I would like to run. After choosing the normal Windows 10 and booting, I checked msconfig and it had reverted back to Selective Startup. I can't get it to actually stay on Normal Startup :( 

how did you turn it on in the first place?

3 hours ago, Thirdoh said:

how did you turn it on in the first place?

Followed the steps in the guide (I posted the link above). I enabled the option for safe mode in the Boot Menu through Command Prompt then restarted into Safe Mode (from the screen that asks me what OS I would like to use). I then used DDU and let that do its thing. Then I restarted the chose to run the normal Windows 10 OS.

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler