do i need to use the HDMI at all with the PS4 Pro? or just the display port?

saif96

hello, i own a PG27UQ it comes with a display port and HDMI and i was wondering, if i buy the the PS4 Pro would i need to use HDMI at all? or can i just use the display port? the reason i dont want to use the HDMI because im trying to reduce as much cables as possible i dont want the display port and HDMI hanging behind my monitor

just to let you know i do own a PC but i want a PS4 Pro for 5 games only

Last of us

Last of us 2

God of War

Red dead redemption 2

Death Stranding 

i am planning to game on 4K with them can you also conform if these 5 games support 4K?

1 minute ago, saif96 said:

hello, i own a PG27UQ it comes with a display port and HDMI and i was wondering, if i buy the the PS4 Pro would i need to use HDMI at all? or can i just use the display port?

What display port??
THe PS4 PRO doesn't have a Display Port!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What display port??
THe PS4 PRO doesn't have a Display Port!

i thought it did then how are you supposed to game on 4K with the PS4 pro without the display port? do you just use the HDMI?

2 minutes ago, saif96 said:

i thought it did then how are you supposed to game on 4K with the PS4 pro without the display port? do you just use the HDMI?

HDMI 2.0 of course.

Internally the PS4 has a Display Port, just not a connectoor on the Board.

HDMI 2.0 i'm sure offers 4K playthrough

3 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

HDMI 2.0 i'm sure offers 4K playthrough

HDMI 1.4 offers 4K at like 24-30 fps with 8bit colour

HDMI 2.0 offers 4K at 60fps with 12bit colour

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

HDMI 2.0 of course.

Internally the PS4 has a Display Port, just not a connectoor on the Board.

i didnt know HDMI could support 4K well thanks for informting i've looked up reviews just now and saw i really do need an HDMI and good think it came with the monitor

maybe having both the display port and HDMI on my monitor isn't a bad thing since it would be annoying to keep changing the display port to the PC and then into the the PS4

2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

HDMI 1.4 offers 4K at like 24-30 fps with 8bit colour

HDMI 2.0 offers 4K at 60fps with 12bit colour

what about the 2.1?

3 minutes ago, saif96 said:

what about the 2.1?

Apparently The bandwidth goes from 18Gbps to around 48 so should offer support for up to more than 8k and fps up to 120 also dynamic HDR support 

2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

Apparently The bandwidth goes from 18Gbps to around 48 so should offer support for up to more than 8k and fps up to 120 also dynamic HDR support 

The new HDMI 2.1 cables will allow faster refresh rates, including 8K resolution video at 60 frames per second and 4K at 120 frames per second – and it's that second feature that will be the real selling point for gamers and home cinema geeks, at least at first. - https://www.techradar.com/au/news/new-faster-hdmi-21-cables-are-on-the-way-heres-what-you-need-to-know

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

holy crap, dont think we need that till maybe 5-8 years from now 2.0 is our generation :)

holy crap, dont think we need that till maybe 5-8 years from now 2.0 is our generation :)

true that, i saw that and i was like wow, i like my 1080p monitors for gaming but i'm soon to get a 4k tv for media consumption which should be good but i don't have anything that would put out 8k very effectively even for media consumption hahaha

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

true that, i saw that and i was like wow, i like my 1080p monitors for gaming but i'm soon to get a 4k tv for media consumption which should be good but i don't have anything that would put out 8k very effectively even for media consumption hahaha

meh 8K is way too much for us we just got into 4K gaming do we really need 8K? isn't 4K sharp enough?

3 minutes ago, saif96 said:

meh 8K is way too much for us we just got into 4K gaming do we really need 8K? isn't 4K sharp enough?

i think so unless we are people who could afford the 82" tv's and were a foot away from them :)

23 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

The new HDMI 2.1 cables will allow faster refresh rates, including 8K resolution video at 60 frames per second and 4K at 120 frames per second – and it's that second feature that will be the real selling point for gamers and home cinema geeks, at least at first. - https://www.techradar.com/au/news/new-faster-hdmi-21-cables-are-on-the-way-heres-what-you-need-to-know

that other thing is variable refresh rate btw ;)

Or others call it freesync.

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

that other thing is variable refresh rate btw ;)

Or others call it freesync.

yeah that was a direct copy from the website :(