trying to dual boot. i have windows 10 PLEASE HELP

i have windows 10, i am hardware savy, but struggle a bit with the software side. i have a 250g ssd with windows 10, and im trying to put windows 7 on there as a dual boot so i can run the fallout franchise. i tried creating a partition in windows disk manager, but it says the most i can shrink my current volume by is 75 mb. my current volume is NOWHERE NEAR full. i have no idea what to do to proceed. thanks for any help!

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

it wont let you shirnk because the file system decided to put something in the last few blocks. if i remember correctly defragging an ssd isnt the greatest idea. you might need to look for an advanced shrinking tool that can clean up the fs as it shrinks

• 2 weeks later...

Well; if you're still looking to dual-boot, I'd suggest installing Windows to another drive and not another partition.

Windows is known to be stubborn when it comes to installing bootloaders on the same drive.

If you really insist on re-partitioning your drive however, make a Gparted boot drive (on a CD or USB flash drive) and do it from there.

Keep a Windows installation disk handy as this may break your bootloader installation, depending on your configuration.

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD