Needing your opinion guys on which GPU to choose

mottledleek

Hi, i am about to upgrade my aging GTX 460 1gb to something more capable

Here are my only choices accompanied by their price found in my area:

PowerColor HD7970 3gb (reference board/cooler) 438.68$

Asus HD7950 DCII Top 3gb 430.20$

Asus GTX670 DCII 2gb 475.04$

I implore your knowledge and recommendations of which of those three would be my best option. And if a card listed above has known problems and such.

I appreciate your help guys.

By the way, my system specs as follows:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.5Ghz

Kingston 1333 CL9 4x2 8gb RAM

MSI 890GXM-G65 mobo

Thermaltake Thoughpower XT 675W

1920x1080 60hz

I also back the 7970, excels over in most games especially with the never settle drivers afaik.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Thanks, i just read around the net that some say avoid reference. Even though its a reference card, its the best choice out of the three?

Unfortunately i am limited by the local stores in my area. So i am stuck to choose on which what my local pc stores has to offer that is readily available in stock.

I can make a request for them to order a more exotic/better 7970, but sadly it would jack up the price by a considerable amount and will take a long time as they will be ordering overseas. And if i have to RMA, they will not have any stocks to replace it.

I see from the majority that my best choice is the reference 7970....

The reference 7970 is definitely the best option, even if it is a reference card, it still beats the crap out of the 7950 and GTX670

Thanks for the answers guys! You have indeed made a great influence for me to arrive to the decision to acquire the 7970.

To my suprise, once thought to be reference 7970 isnt a reference at all. The only reference about it is the price. Its still a PowerColor but with a V3 designation, it has an aftermarket coolor, 3 fat heatpipes with dual fans which are really quiet up to 80% and red pcb with reference mounting holes to the cooler.

Which might mean, i could upgrade the cooler to an Accelero Extreme 7970 later on or a Deep Cool Dracula 7970.

Thanks a lot!