What should I buy?

Sparrow_HunteR

Hi all, I'm starting to build my first ever pc build and I'm going to buy the first parts I can afford for now this next week.

One of those parts is a monitor. right now I have a set monitor that I wanted to buy since the day I saw it.

But, since this is my first build and I don't have to much experience in the matter I came to you guys to ask for advice.

The monitor I wanted to buy is the Curved MSI Optix G27C2, but i was also recommended by a friend to look at a 2k or even 4k monitor .

My question is: What should I buy? Since I'll use the pc to game a bit but it'll be more of a work pc should i give the extra bucks for 4k, even though some programs i work with won't work with that resolution?

The MSI G27C2 has p bad backlight bleed. There may be a better option. What's your budget?

2 minutes ago, Sombra said:

The MSI G27C2 has p bad backlight bleed. There may be a better option. What's your budget?

300€

16 minutes ago, Sparrow_HunteR said:

300€

For pure gaming, the ViewSonic XG2402 will perform very well thanks to its great motion handling. However, it doesn't have very good color performance but that can be slightly improved with some OSD tweaking. If that color performance matters to you, a better option may be the Samsung C24FG73 which will look better but has inferior motion handling.

2 minutes ago, Sombra said:

For pure gaming, the ViewSonic XG2402 will perform very well thanks to its great motion handling. However, it doesn't have very good color performance but that can be slightly improved with some OSD tweaking. If that color performance matters to you, a better option may be the Samsung C24FG73 which will look better but has inferior motion handling.

Thanks for the info. Only problem in that is that I'm going for a 27 inches monitor... I have the exact space for it and don't want a lot of that space showing by going with less that 27.

38 minutes ago, Sparrow_HunteR said:

Thanks for the info. Only problem in that is that I'm going for a 27 inches monitor... I have the exact space for it and don't want a lot of that space showing by going with less that 27.

I'd still recommend getting one of those two options. In my opinion, you're losing more than you're gaining by getting a 27" monitor. Though if you're fine with that, then by all means, get the MSI you mentioned.