Supermicro server board compatibility with Noctua NH-U12S

rYzYr

I'm looking to replace a couple Intel s1200spsr motherboards after weeks of discussion with Intel and a refusal to support Noctua fans. I already have a X11SSH-LN4F that is fully compatible with the Noctua NH-U12S. Does anyone have experience with other Supermicro boards and Noctua CPU coolers? I'm particularly interested in knowing if the X11SSL-F is compatible with the Noctua NH-U12S.

I reached out to Supermicro support and they say the firmware of the X11SSH-F/LN4F and X11SSL-F is the same.

Regarding components surrounding the socket, the board you already have is nearly the same as the board you're asking about. It should be compatible if there aren't any different components behind the motherboard. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I was wrong. The Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler is not compatible with the Supermicro motherboard. Intel motherboards only support the stock cooler and alternatives from Supermicro appear to provide no advantages over the stock cooler in large form factor cases.