Logitech G413 or Corsair K68?

Codey2k
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,
On 6/17/2018 at 4:37 AM, Codey2k said:

So, buying a new keyboard is proving to be quite difficult. I like the Logitech G413 and the Corsair K68 but I can't decide which one to buy. In my country, you can't test the keyboards because they are "too high quality and cannot be unsealed unless you buy them". While it does come down to personal preference, I need you guys to help me out since you guys know a lot more about keyboards than me. Which key is overall "better" for typing and mostly gaming? Does a wrist rest give you a significantly more comfortable experience? And is it worth spending the extra money on the Corsair K68? Thanks.

The Corsair K68 does have some notable features beyond the wrist rest, like that it is spill resistant with an IP32 rating, and has independent media keys which believe it or not are very very convenient.  If you've never used a mechanical keyboard before, chances are you will like the MX Red switches.

So, buying a new keyboard is proving to be quite difficult. I like the Logitech G413 and the Corsair K68 but I can't decide which one to buy. In my country, you can't test the keyboards because they are "too high quality and cannot be unsealed unless you buy them". While it does come down to personal preference, I need you guys to help me out since you guys know a lot more about keyboards than me. Which key is overall "better" for typing and mostly gaming? Does a wrist rest give you a significantly more comfortable experience? And is it worth spending the extra money on the Corsair K68? Thanks.

wrist rest enables you to, well rest your wrists which will be awesome and comfortable for long typing and long gaming sessions

for key switches, I can give you a reference to this video

While i haven't touch or typed on a mechanical keyboard, based on that video Romer-G shares similar characteristics to rubber dome. NOT smooth to bottom out

why not check this G513 instead the G413 (with separated wrist rest included) https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r6prxr/logitech-g513-carbon-wired-gaming-keyboard-920-008848

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

5 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

wrist rest enables you to, well rest your wrists which will be awesome and comfortable for long typing and long gaming sessions

for key switches, I can give you a reference to this video

While i haven't touch or typed on a mechanical keyboard, based on that video Romer-G shares similar characteristics to rubber dome. NOT smooth to bottom out

why not check this G513 instead the G413 (with separated wrist rest included) https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r6prxr/logitech-g513-carbon-wired-gaming-keyboard-920-008848

The G513 is a bit out of my budget range ($100). If you have the time, please let me know any other keyboard within this price range. I was also considering the Cougar Attack X3 gaming keyboard. Thanks for the video though!

3 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

The G513 is a bit out of my budget range ($100). If you have the time, please let me know any other keyboard within this price range. I was also considering the Cougar Attack X3 gaming keyboard.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QXyxFT/corsair-keyboard-ch9101024na

corsair k70, with wrist rest

the cougar isn't bad either. just no wrist rest if that really matters

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QXyxFT/corsair-keyboard-ch9101024na

corsair k70, with wrist rest

the cougar isn't bad either. just no wrist rest if that really matters

The K70 is also I believe quite a bit more than $100. BTW the Corsair K68 includes a wrist rest and is also within my budget but it has Cherry MX Red switches. How are those?

3 hours ago, Codey2k said:

The K70 is also I believe quite a bit more than $100. BTW the Corsair K68 includes a wrist rest and is also within my budget but it has Cherry MX Red switches. How are those?

no, the K70 is right at the $99.99 price tag

The MX Reds, they don't sound as loud as a MX Blue and I think that's the main difference

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

On 6/17/2018 at 4:37 AM, Codey2k said:

The Corsair K68 does have some notable features beyond the wrist rest, like that it is spill resistant with an IP32 rating, and has independent media keys which believe it or not are very very convenient.  If you've never used a mechanical keyboard before, chances are you will like the MX Red switches.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

7 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Thanks dude! I think I'll go with the Corsair K68.

k68 , i've tried mx and romer g and romer g seems cheap compared to cherry mx , not only ip32 rating , its easy to clean and that makes durable :D  

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.