can't find a fan mount

Hello! 

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Yose/saved/ymZNnQ

I'm thinking about downsizing to a NZXT h400i and I want this to be my last upgrade (downsize) for several years. I'm looking to buy a set of 3 Corsair ml120 rgb fans, as well as a Asus strix gtx 1070 RGB. I was wondering if there are enough fan connections to power the three fans I'm looking at. I'm also wondering if there's a way to get an RGB fan onto my current CPU heat sink because I don't really like the plain, black fan that the Hyper t4 initially comes with. I'm hoping there's a way I could use a corsair ml 120 pro rgb as my heat sink fan to keep the colors in my case as consistent as possible. Will buy more fans if necessary. I've yet to find a way to mount one of these fans on the t4, however.

Would I need to buy one of those usb 2.0 header hub things or am I okay with the hub that the h400i comes with?

Are there any mounts out there to put a corsair ml 120 pro rgb onto the hyper t4 cpu cooler heatsink?

Thank you!

If there are no spare fan headers, buy a cheap fan header off eBay that can be powered by a SATA cable. Plug up to 10 fans in there and they will all work fine. My brother's build has a total of 8 fans. 4 on radiators, 1 on a GPU and 3 case fans. All powered off the fan hub and all working fine.

EDIT:

This will take forever to come, but this is cheap but will work.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SATA-to-4-Pin-PWM-PC-Computer-Fan-Splitter-Adapter-Board-w-Out-Cable-With-Hub/132243767964?epid=0&hash=item1eca57c29c:g:hi4AAOSw-29ZVPOT

hi.

3 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

If there are no spare fan headers, buy a cheap fan header off eBay that can be powered by a SATA cable. Plug up to 10 fans in there and they will all work fine. My brother's build has a total of 8 fans. 4 on radiators, 1 on a GPU and 3 case fans. All powered off the fan hub and all working fine.

EDIT:

This will take forever to come, but this is cheap but will work.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SATA-to-4-Pin-PWM-PC-Computer-Fan-Splitter-Adapter-Board-w-Out-Cable-With-Hub/132243767964?epid=0&hash=item1eca57c29c:g:hi4AAOSw-29ZVPOT

Are there any name brand headers out there (corsair, any from nzxt, etc...)? I don't know if I really want to settle for one from ebay. Even though it may work, as you've stated, I wouldn't mind paying extra for one. 

12 minutes ago, Yose17 said:

Are there any name brand headers out there (corsair, any from nzxt, etc...)? I don't know if I really want to settle for one from ebay. Even though it may work, as you've stated, I wouldn't mind paying extra for one. 

actually if you are looking for that there is Corsair Commander Controller, the Pro model can hold 9 fan connections and many RGB strip. Well as far as i know NZXT makes Hue which is a RGB controller if i am not wrong

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

actually if you are looking for that there is Corsair Commander Controller, the Pro model can hold 9 fan connections and many RGB strip. Well as far as i know NZXT makes Hue which is a RGB controller if i am not wrong

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1528849781&sr=8-5&keywords=fan+controller

Would this still allow for rgb control?

1 minute ago, Yose17 said:

it is a fan controller and in the short description doesn't say controls RGB. only for fan control

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

it is a fan controller and in the short description doesn't say controls RGB. only for fan control

I think I just had a major brain fart and completely missed that the 3-pack of the ml 120's comes with a "Lighting Node PRO." I'm guessing that this allows for rgb control by the looks and sound of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Premium-Magnetic-Levitation-2-Pack/dp/B076VD725X/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528850093&sr=1-1&keywords=corsair%2Bml120&th=1

30 minutes ago, Yose17 said:

I think I just had a major brain fart and completely missed that the 3-pack of the ml 120's comes with a "Lighting Node PRO." I'm guessing that this allows for rgb control by the looks and sound of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Premium-Magnetic-Levitation-2-Pack/dp/B076VD725X/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528850093&sr=1-1&keywords=corsair%2Bml120&th=1

• Control, Customize and Sync: The included CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO enables stunning dynamic lighting effects, or synchronize with other CORSAIR LINK supported devices

it's from the description, so i guess you won't need that header thingy afterall

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

it's from the description, so i guess you won't need that header thingy afterall

I guess I'm still stuck on searching for a cpu fan mount again xD sorry for wasting everyone's time

Just now, Yose17 said:

I guess I'm still stuck on searching for a cpu fan mount again xD sorry for wasting everyone's time

it's fine, wait what about zipties?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

it's fine, wait what about zipties?

zipties to hold a ml120 onto the t4 heatsink? I don't see how that's possible

2 minutes ago, Yose17 said:

use it from the screw holes

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

use it from the screw holes

and wrap it around one of the heat pipes? I'm not quite following 

1 minute ago, Yose17 said:

and wrap it around one of the heat pipes? I'm not quite following 

yes, like you would in this video (but this is to a graphics card heatsink but it is still a heatsink)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yes, like you would in this video (but this is to a graphics card heatsink but it is still a heatsink)

As helpful and creative as this is, I'm looking for a more permanent and aesthetically pleasing method. 

3 minutes ago, Yose17 said:

As helpful and creative as this is, I'm looking for a more permanent and aesthetically pleasing method. 

ok so finding rgb fan with clip mounts is hard, so yeah i guess you can't replace the fan yet

i can't find it either

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

8 hours ago, Yose17 said:

It's possible but unecessary. You should be able to use the included fan mounts from the T4 on any case with with standard 120mm mounts. The brackets are screwed onto the fan and the screws are covered by rubber strips.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's possible but unecessary. You should be able to use the included fan mounts from the T4 on any case with with standard 120mm mounts. The brackets are screwed onto the fan and the screws are covered by rubber strips.

Awesome! I didn't know. I'll have to dig out the box once I'm back home (currently away for school). Thank you so much!