Sensel Morph

Joe Neuron

Saw this review on Engadget (https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/31/sensel-morph-trackpad-review/) and reminded me that I saw this device at NAMM. Video in the review is cringe-worthy but pretty cool concept. When I tried it, seemed good for music and making videos. Keyboard was mushy, but I guess it is fine as a Bluetooth keybaord for iPad. It also lets you make your own control panels. 

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1x0xxdwQ_rDkcQlwCNnKeg/videos

Make control panels: https://sensel.com/blogs/news/the-final-frontier-overlay-designer-beta

Summary

The Sensel Morph is a pressure sensitive touchpad with silicone rubber overlays that gives musicians, graphic artists, video editors and others much better control of their work. The design and wide variety of overlays makes it much more useful than rival products like the Palette Gear and Loupedeck. It’s lightweight, yet well-built and nice to use and has incredible pressure sensitivity, making it great as a Wacom-type drawing tablet. While it’s a bit expensive and has limited battery life in wireless mode, it’s the most useful control surface I’ve tried so far.

Sensel-Morph-00026.jpg

Doesn't follow tech news guidelines.

On a lighter note, welcome to the forums!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Doesn't follow tech news guidelines.

On a lighter note, welcome to the forums!

Sorry, first time. Added quotes and an image. Thanks for the welcome.

2 hours ago, Joe Neuron said:

While it’s a bit expensive

300 bucks without the extra "pads"?!?!?! Then another 35 for the cable and 35 for each specific pad?

It seems like a great little piece of hardware though...

im sticking with my mouse, keyboard and wacom intous tbh, dont really see this as much more usefull than a macropad or just straight keyboard functionality

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I can't envision myself using this for music production.

I'd prefer to have an actual physical keyboard and/or various other MIDI devices.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!