Advise on new hardline tubes

Hi everyone, I need some help.

I'm about to start re-doing my cooling loop but I cant decide on the tube materials yet.

Should I go for 316 Stainless steel , Chrome plated brass or copper ?  

Stainless steel is cheaper, looks cool and I get 60% off all fittings and tubes through my job but I'm not sure how it works with my water blocks in the long run.

Chrome plated brass and copper is more expensive but safer since I already know brass works with my water blocks.

From what I understand it is all safe but it's better to be sure. Anyone knows anything that can help me decide ? 

I think that depends all the coolant you're gonna use.
I wouldn't recommend to use distilled water with stainless steel as distilled water is corrosive.
 From some work in a laboratory I know that highly distilled water is not allowed in stainless steel containers because it corrode fast. You won't be able to get "pure water" in any store but I would still do some research on a right coolant if you go for stainless steel.

10 hours ago, InsufficientSleep said:

Hi everyone, I need some help.

I'm about to start re-doing my cooling loop but I cant decide on the tube materials yet.

Should I go for 316 Stainless steel , Chrome plated brass or copper ?  

Stainless steel is cheaper, looks cool and I get 60% off all fittings and tubes through my job but I'm not sure how it works with my water blocks in the long run.

Chrome plated brass and copper is more expensive but safer since I already know brass works with my water blocks.

From what I understand it is all safe but it's better to be sure. Anyone knows anything that can help me decide ? 

Stainless steel espically 316 series will work well in any harsh environment included ones involving marine or salt water applications. As for compatibility with other metals 316 is pretty good with both copper and brass as long as it’s passive, meaning it’s applications isn’t within an acidic environment. Even 304 series stainless will work well in fresh water applications such as a watercooling loops.