Xbox 360 vs Xbox One controller

I've been been looking for a game controller to use with my PC lately, and I think I finally found some good ones. Right now I'm looking at a used USB receiver for the Xbox 360 controllers with a controller included for about 20 bucks. It's the best i've seen so far. Would you guys recommend getting that or buying something like a steam controller or the Xbox one wireless controller?

ps the receiver is about 15-20 bucks for amazon.

Cheers

If you get one of the newer xbox one controllers, they have bluetooth, so you dont have to worry about the dongle.

Though I do wildly prefer the 360 controller over my one controller.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I've been been looking for a game controller to use with my PC lately, and I think I finally found some good ones. Right now I'm looking at a used USB receiver for the Xbox 360 controllers with a controller included for about 20 bucks. It's the best i've seen so far. Would you guys recommend getting that or buying something like a steam controller or the Xbox one wireless controller?

ps the receiver is about 15-20 bucks for amazon.

Cheers

For ocntrollers it all comes down to personal preference and the game you are using it for. I personally dont like the steam controller or any of the logitech controllers I have tried. I still use an xbox 360 controller when I use a controller on my pc, I do like the xbox one controller a little more than the 360 but they are expensive to buy new for something I rarely use.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

If you get one of the newer xbox one controllers, they have bluetooth, so you dont have to worry about the dongle.

Though I do wildly prefer the 360 controller over my one controller.

Alright, I think I'll buy it.

i've owned a massive amount of controllers

xbox 360 controller

xbox one controller

ps3 controller

ps4 controller

switch pro controller

wii remote (does that count)

gamecube controller

anyway whenever i play on my 360 i miss my xbox one controller that i use on my pc

the xbox one controller is much better imo. 

i was in the same situation u were in and i bought a xbox one controller for my pc (because i was selling my ps4 with controllers and i needed a adapter to use my 360 controllers on my pc)

1 minute ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Right on.

Just stay away from the steam controller 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I don't know if you've seen any of the reviews on the steam controller but it takes time to get used to and I think most people would prefer a normal controller since it's what they're used to. The Xbox One controller has Bluetooth as @Slottr said, that's a big plus for me since but it comes down to personal preference. So instead of buying a receiver, get the 1.

Why bother with any of them when you can use a Nintendo 64 controller, you know, the one made for people with three hands, and caused kids hands to bleed after going tryhard in Mario Party.

Just something to keep in mind, I use my Xbox one controllers VERY little and both have ended up broken to one extent or another. They probably have 40 hours on them combined. One of them has a joystick that isn't centered, so in any fps games my character is constantly walking forwards. The other one has a broken D-pad, and will register one button press as 5+ which can be very annoying when trying to navigate menus. Both of these controllers were bought new and I take very good care of them. It's probably worth mentioning that they are around 2 years old.

Before I had my PC, I put countless hours onto my xbox 360 and both controllers I have for that work flawlessly, despite being dropped, thrown (don't ask), and just generally abused over the course of 7 or 8 years.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

I in my late elementary and middle school years, i used the 360. I prefer the one though since you have extra vibrators( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) and it doesnt have a bulge.

vary saycksee

i like trains 🙂

10 hours ago, Votivee said:

Just something to keep in mind, I use my Xbox one controllers VERY little and both have ended up broken to one extent or another. They probably have 40 hours on them combined. One of them has a joystick that isn't centered, so in any fps games my character is constantly walking forwards. The other one has a broken D-pad, and will register one button press as 5+ which can be very annoying when trying to navigate menus. Both of these controllers were bought new and I take very good care of them. It's probably worth mentioning that they are around 2 years old.

Before I had my PC, I put countless hours onto my xbox 360 and both controllers I have for that work flawlessly, despite being dropped, thrown (don't ask), and just generally abused over the course of 7 or 8 years.

I have 2 360 controllers already so even if the Included one breaks I'll be good.

I just retired my wired Xbox 360 controller after about 10 years of service.  Picked up a couple of Xbox One controllers and the dongle.  I use the dongle for my desktop and Bluetooth when I use them with my laptop.  So far so good, the build quality is very good and I think the ergonomics are thoughtfully improved over the Xbox 360 controller.  The single most improved aspect of the controller is the D-pad, the one on the Xbox 360 controller was garbage.

It's not a game changer, but it's a well built and comfortable controller I foresee lasting me a long time.