Badminton but no Linus?

dropbear

Very disappointed to not see Linus here at the Commonwealth Games representing Canada in Badminton :/

IMG_20180414_115404.jpg

2 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Very disappointed to not see Linus here at the Commonwealth Games representing Canada in Badminton :/

Linus is busy, doing a photo shoot making silly faces for his videos for the thumbnail image. Either that or actually making doing a video.

There seems to be a lot of people sitting in the stands, are you sure you checked every single person?

It seems, not many people have decided to turn up for a lot of the events, unless it's on the weekend. Like it's a success, but also a failure. Businesses are suffering a lot since everyone that wasn't going to the games decided to be elsewhere for the 10 days & those that came for the games, go to where the event is, watch event, once it is over they go to back to where they are staying or leave to go home or travel to Brisbane. Same with the athletes, they turn up compete if they don't get to the next heat, they pack up & go back home. Understandable really imo.

Also is that the Gold Coast Convention Centre? Kinda looks like it..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

9 hours ago, Virus__ said:

It seems, not many people have decided to turn up for a lot of the events, unless it's on the weekend. Like it's a success, but also a failure. Businesses are suffering a lot since everyone that wasn't going to the games decided to be elsewhere for the 10 days & those that came for the games, go to where the event is, watch event, once it is over they go to back to where they are staying or leave to go home or travel to Brisbane. Same with the athletes, they turn up compete if they don't get to the next heat, they pack up & go back home. Understandable really imo.

Also is that the Gold Coast Convention Centre? Kinda looks like it..

I think part of the issue might have been the fear campaign about transport. It definitely wasn't as bad as people thought it would be, and it was certainly better than normal Translink operations. 

Close, this was at Cararra Sports and Leisure Centre. I was volunteering in the precinct and took a bit of a break. 

3 hours ago, dropbear said:

I think part of the issue might have been the fear campaign about transport. It definitely wasn't as bad as people thought it would be, and it was certainly better than normal Translink operations. 

Close, this was at Cararra Sports and Leisure Centre. I was volunteering in the precinct and took a bit of a break. 

Yeah. That and telling people that the M1 will be packed every day & they won't be able to go anywhere, bullshit, so they packed up & went south or north, plus also QLD school holidays. But imo it's hilarious it's possibly the emptiest the M1 has been in a long time, our truck drivers are loving it, some of them are showing up like 3 hours early. Which is kind of a pain when we're meant to see a midnight delivery & here they are at 9pm or 10pm and we have no room on the receiving dock to maneuver pallets of stock ha.

Ahh right, never been there. I was half tempted to check out the volleyball because that was the closest to me, but work got in the way haha.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14