Can I put 8 fans on one header on the Lighting Node Pro

CyberFern0

Restating the title

Also, can I use the LSB01 to control Corsair fans via Link?

You should be able to use Link to control the fans.

I would say you should be able to, depending on what kind of voltage comes out of the header and how much the fans take.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You should be able to use Link to control the fans.

I would say you should be able to, depending on what kind of voltage comes out of the header and how much the fans take.

Ok thank you.

5 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Restating the title

Also, can I use the LSB01 to control Corsair fans via Link?

If they are PWM based fans you can get a power splitter, and the LSB01 will not work with the Corsair fans or ecosystem. 

Just now, W-L said:

If they are PWM based fans you can get a power splitter, and the LSB01 will not work with the Corsair fans or ecosystem. 

Than what will?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Than what will?

We went over this before if you want to use the Corsair fans and the RGB components from EKWB they will not sync. To control the lights on the Corsair fans it must use their controller via the commander or lighting node pro. 

Just now, W-L said:

We went over this before if you want to use the Corsair fans and the RGB components from EKWB they will not sync. To control the lights on the Corsair fans it must use their controller via the commander or lighting node pro. 

Yes, I know that the EK parts won’t sync. That is the purpose of the LSB01. Commander Pro can only control 6 fans and only has 2 RGB headers. This is overkill anyway because I’m using Aura Sync for fan control.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Yes, I know that the EK parts won’t sync. That is the purpose of the LSB01. Commander Pro can only control 6 fans and only has 2 RGB headers. This is overkill anyway because I’m using Aura Sync for fan control.

Aura sync is for the LSB01 and EK components not fan control. The commander pro can handle up to 12 RGB fans via the RGB hub which is required to connect the fans over to the Commander Pro. 

17 minutes ago, W-L said:

Aura sync is for the LSB01 and EK components not fan control. The commander pro can handle up to 12 RGB fans via the RGB hub which is required to connect the fans over to the Commander Pro. 

I’m controlling the speeds of the Corsair fans by using Fan Xpert 4. I don’t think Corsair makes those hubs anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have posted this on the forums.

51 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I’m controlling the speeds of the Corsair fans by using Fan Xpert 4. I don’t think Corsair makes those hubs anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have posted this on the forums.

Those RGB 6 port hubs come with the fans, and must be used to control them. It's also how sequential patterns are done through that hub being able to determine which is fan 1 through 6. 

Related image

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

Those RGB 6 port hubs come with the fans, and must be used to control them. It's also how sequential patterns are done through that hub being able to determine which is fan 1 through 6. 

Related image

I’m using ML120 RGB fans.

28 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I’m using ML120 RGB fans.

It's the same thing, all the Corsair RGB fans use the 6 port hub.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

It's the same thing, all the Corsair RGB fans use the 6 port hub.

I don’t even think they’re making it anymore, at least in the US.

9 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I don’t even think they’re making it anymore, at least in the US.

What are you talking about, they've never changed? It's absolutely necessary for the fans lighting system to function and connect to the Commander pro or lightning node pro units. 

Image result for ML120 RGB

30 minutes ago, W-L said:

What are you talking about, they've never changed? It's absolutely necessary for the fans lighting system to function and connect to the Commander pro or lightning node pro units. 

Image result for ML120 RGB

Then how come that when I look up “Corsair fan hub” in the site itself, it doesn’t show up, and also, it’s “currently unavailable” on Amazon and isn’t on Newegg at all. I get that it comes with the pack, but I need another one.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Then how come that when I look up “Corsair fan hub” in the site itself, it doesn’t show up, and also, it’s “currently unavailable” on Amazon and isn’t on Newegg at all. I get that it comes with the pack, but I need another one.

It's not a fan hub, it's an RGB hub and it only comes with the 3 pack fans. Their site still has it listed but you may need to contact them directly to get a hold of a second one if you need it. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020#

32 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's not a fan hub, it's an RGB hub and it only comes with the 3 pack fans. Their site still has it listed but you may need to contact them directly to get a hold of a second one if you need it. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020#

I knew that it is an RGB hub, and I used that after many other attempts and how did you find it. Thanks by the way.

7 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I knew that it is an RGB hub, and I used that after many other attempts and how did you find it. Thanks by the way.

I looked up the SKU number they had listed for it. 

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

I looked up the SKU number they had listed for it. 

Where had they listed it? In other country Corsair sites?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Where had they listed it? In other country Corsair sites?

That's the US site, I've always searched their site via SKU's as they don't openly list certain items such as older stuff or have it easily accessible, being buried in lots of sub menus.