Random Computer Crashes?

Majestic_Koala

Ok so this only started to happen about 2 days ago

I will be doing work or playing games, minding my own buisness when all of a sudden my computer takes a complete sezuire on me. It will first start to make lots of loud persistent beeps followed by extreme lag in any sort of peripheral input such as mouse or keyboard, although i have found that a Ctrl + Alt + Del seems to be quick but anything after that it goes back to being laggy, so potentially it isn't a software issue? (I am using Windows 10)

All my drivers and software are up to date, i used malwarebytes and avast to do several scans for viruses (this was my first thought of what the cause was) they both found nothing 

Once the "Sezuire" happens my computer will not even shut down, even after a 30 minute wait, my monitors and peripherals will shut down as normal but the PC wont, i need to physically turn it off at the mains to turn it off when it does this.

Any help?

PS. I cleaned my PC 2 months ago so i dont think it will be an issue with cooling or wires as there is too big a time frame for correlation 

1 minute ago, Majestic_Koala said:

Ok so this only started to happen about 2 days ago

I will be doing work or playing games, minding my own buisness when all of a sudden my computer takes a complete sezuire on me. It will first start to make lots of loud persistent beeps followed by extreme lag in any sort of peripheral input such as mouse or keyboard, although i have found that a Ctrl + Alt + Del seems to be quick but anything after that it goes back to being laggy, so potentially it isn't a software issue? (I am using Windows 10)

All my drivers and software are up to date, i used malwarebytes and avast to do several scans for viruses (this was my first thought of what the cause was) they both found nothing 

Once the "Sezuire" happens my computer will not even shut down, even after a 30 minute wait, my monitors and peripherals will shut down as normal but the PC wont, i need to physically turn it off at the mains to turn it off when it does this.

Any help?

PS. I cleaned my PC 2 months ago so i dont think it will be an issue with cooling or wires as there is too big a time frame for correlation 

One thing i have noticed is the only time i have seen it do this is when im either doing uni work or ONLY play Elite Dangerous, it is still to happen to any other game. I would have said it was an issue on ED side but it did happen when i was writing a program...

Either something's dying or some piece of software is causing trouble. Have you tried booting into safe mode? See if it still happens there.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Booting in safe mode seems to be doing ok so far no crashes as we speak, needs more time