Help... upgrading from my r7 260x

Brenrockets44

Hello I am looking for an upgrade for my r7 260x it performs good but in certain new games I can't run anything close to high level settings. My budget it $200,  $250 and up will be pushing it a bit because my parents don't want me to spend so much on an upgrade. I understand that prices are up because of miners but I'm looking for one for now and quite honestly I don't think prices are going down anytime soon. So looking at upgrades I was looking into maybe a used gtx 980 for around $200, a 1060 3gb or 6gb, gtx 970, r9 290, r9 390. If you have any ideas for what to lean to or know of different cards please let me know. Also I've been looking at mostly used cards is that a bad idea. Please let me know what you think would be a good upgrade and try to get as many people as we can possible to give suggestions. Thank you so much!

If all of the cards you listed fit in your budget, I'd buy them in this order:

1. 1060 6GB

2. 1060 3GB

3. 980

4. 970

5. 390

6. 290

It really depends on "little" things, such as what coolers they have, have they been mined on, etc.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Thanks, do you or anyone else you know have any other suggestions of cards that you can find in my budget?

On 2/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, germgoatz said:

You can probably find a 750ti for around 200

thats way too much for a 750Ti and not much of an upgrade. see if you can find a 1050 Ti on EVGA B stock for 119$. If not, any of the 6 previously listed