Iphone disabled, not connected to icloud account

Go to solution Solved by Loopios7,

so, i managed to fix it, i put in a sim card and then it wasn't locked for 47 years anymore but only disabled. I waited a couple of minutes and restarted the phone and after that it wasn't disabled anymore and it didn't have a passcode so no problem.

It seems as after some time with no battery the time gets set false and after you put a sim in it can get the actual time.

So i found my Iphone 5 again and charged it, but then when it turned on it is disabled for 47 years.

I tried factory reset it over iCloud but i cant since its not connected to my account, is there a way to reset it?

iphonedisabled.jpg

Did you buy this phone 2nd hand? If so, the previous owner probably still had it registered and locked it remotely. This cannot be undone by anyone but that person (or Apple, but good luck convincing them this is an error).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, Loopios7 said:

no it was mine and i reset it after i didnt use it anymore

I think you are better off posting this on the apple forums or get in touch more directly. Since this will require some work from their end.

Be sure to include what email was attached to it (or id, idk apple stuff :D)

14 minutes ago, Loopios7 said:

no it was mine and i reset it after i didnt use it anymore

So you bought it new? In that case, make sure you know the AppleID this was tied to and have the receipt handy. You'll need to have this if you want Apple to unlock it for you. Without proving ownership, it's a paperweight.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

so, i managed to fix it, i put in a sim card and then it wasn't locked for 47 years anymore but only disabled. I waited a couple of minutes and restarted the phone and after that it wasn't disabled anymore and it didn't have a passcode so no problem.

It seems as after some time with no battery the time gets set false and after you put a sim in it can get the actual time.