Pink Panther

ExpendableCustoms

Hi guys,

It's time to start another project and of course another worklog :D Our latest project Lambda Core is getting close to being finish, but we don't intend to stop :D 

Few months ago I was wondering about a case that would be interesting and rare choice which simultaneously fulfill all my needs. After few days of searching the web I came to the conclusion that there isn't any.

We've always liked Parvum's design, however any of the standard cases wasn't good for me this time. My heart was close to R1.0, however it has few issues - only mATX/ITX support, space for only two 360 slim radiators. However after few words with Parvum guys we decided to make a custom R1.0 ATX, with few other modification which You will see down below :)

The project color schema is a bit controvertial. I had enough of black in my builds, so I knew that the main color will be white. Pink is pretty rare and tricky to work with, so I decided that it'll be very interesting choice :D And of course if I'd go with pink the project name is obvious :D

When I had the case subject mostly sorted out I decided to make a 3D model, which You can see below. It gives general view at my plans, which contain only 45° connections in main chamber and dual loop system.

EkBQ8Uj.jpg

7KqRqaI.jpg

LK1amxf.jpg

e4E3c4w.jpg

I would like to thank Noiseblocker, for providing the best fans in the market and Mayhems, for supporting Pink Panther with their Pastel. I'm also extremely grateful to Alphacool and Aquatuning for providing all water cooling stuff for yet another of our projects!

WXmww5o.jpg

There was "a bit" of a delay with manfuacturing this case, enough to be said that it took over three months till I got this case. Results? 

R1.0 ATX DIY :E

Lpssxi4.jpg

5NQmSFj.jpg

IcDWL14.jpg

WYNG0Ra.jpg

mTtFhFS.jpg

z1g2doT.jpg

MMbkHzC.jpg

WQU7nHq.jpg

prfRutf.jpg

TQW2gJU.jpg

k2H0sMP.jpg

kDak7IV.jpg

RRts0Rl.jpg

7Qy43fM.jpg

oBW9AqH.jpg

r2yAj8v.jpg

KF9yZOc.jpg

Pcaxu8B.jpg

This case now supports an ATX standard. It has a spot for three 360/60mm radiators instead of two 360/30mm. Top window is much bigger than the standard one. Moreover at the front You can see a front radiator cover, which is also a place for Aquaero 6XT and it'll help me to mount two res combo side be side. Obviously this case is much bigger than the standard R1.0. In fact, after all of this modification it's closer to L1.0 ;)

doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo

Spoiler

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Pink Panther theme is great :D 

Now, once again huge thanks to Alphacool and Aquatuning :)

oOxl0eJ.jpg

As I've mentioned, case is configured to fit three 360/60mm radiators. Looking at project's color scheme, the obvious choice was Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360mm Special White Edition

Gqz9HjR.jpg

VCuD3Hq.jpg

aUfhh2N.jpg

JoXiJbP.jpg

qmOSx0e.jpg

It's time for few more shots of LC parts :)

n07TiSp.jpg

BsGeL4f.jpg

mAiguGG.jpg

RpVNGQL.jpg

UlC8NUo.jpg

gsUQqpz.jpg

AlKRt2E.jpg

JVFXanm.jpg

eEUfba2.jpg

f202kyc.jpg

GQeVece.jpg

kZxT4tN.jpg

pJlLczw.jpg

abXbY07.jpg

tYt1KAf.jpg

This is how nearly 120 fittings looks like :D

In terms of CPU block, clear version of Eisblock XPX was the obvious choice. It's most likely the prettiest CPU block from Alphacool's range.

To match CPU block I went with plexi D5 combo. It's pretty massive, so it'll be quite tricky to mount them side be side, but it should fit just fine.

One again huge thanks to Noiseblocker - it's a first time I see white eLoop's in real. Project Impossible had black ones, but I think white version actually looks better :)

Wqg0wLt.jpg

v2sU4bh.jpg

bTje58q.jpg

Below You can see an overal look of parts for this project, R1.0 is a bit lost :D I'm still waiting for few parts though, like RAM or Aquaero.

HQsnCcE.jpg

I decided to go with X299 this time, mainly because I didn't own an Intel's HEDT platform yet. Firstly I wanted to buy MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic, but it's power section is really hopeless. I didn't want a black motherboard, so I decided to go with TUF Mark 1 and modify it :D

iqcMeNG.jpg

J5g6Nld.jpg

E43K928.jpg

QUR4m2V.jpg

Asus X299 TUF Mark 1 White Edition :P

XyTb7H5.jpg

LoE51KJ.jpg

UgmZVP2.jpg

w7dzUVh.jpg

I've decided to go with 7800X, as it'll fulfill my needs for now.

tpIPW3L.jpg

735clcc.jpg

6uURbS8.jpg

ikTimtJ.jpg

sklHUgX.jpg

UqsvFGp.jpg

In terms of GPU, the choice was prett obvious - GTX1080 SLI. EVGA is great company and it's been proven many times. I had a lot of luck, as I managed to purchase those cards right before GPU prices started to rise. :D

Small update ;)
I've mounted the core hardware and radiators into the case. I've finished working on main cables. All of the cables in Pink Panther will be sleeved with MDPC-X sleeve. It's really great quality product and I can recommend it to anyone.
Unfortunetaly there is an issue with pink sleeve on the market, so it isn't perfectly matched with candy perspex.

2yZlyoA.jpg

gv4VxsN.jpg

BZHvW11.jpg

TIPopEK.jpg

eveQp0C.jpg

YuUlucs.jpg

qrWaU9O.jpg

Update ;) All of the fans got a white sleeve and connectors.

b9KxP9A.jpg

O1Y6FSe.jpg

rR5ispq.jpg

Here is a huge advantage of a modular case - moutning radiator and fans was much easier outside the case ;)

fJ08pds.jpg

RfoA4oC.jpg

I made an extender for each fan, which goes to Phobya PCB spliiter hidden behind front radiator.

UQ6cTB2.jpg

iKLxQbb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

There's been a while since I posted something here, 'cause I had few other things to do, but I'm back :D

Firstly small update of reservoir mounting. I planned a different montage system, however as it won't work I had to improvise. I made a panel from 3mm Candy Persex which will hold two Eisbecher combo's and add more pink to the interior :)

FdJWz7V.jpg

NT372X7.jpg

HkMetai.jpg

I don't have a lot of free time, so there are not so many work pics as I would want, however things are clearing up and project is really close to the end! :)

Some time ago I've mounted SSD and Farbwerk on the back side of the mobotray. And of course custom cables for both of them :D

VykB2LU.jpg

oZQl9nn.jpg

For few last days I'm fighting with acrylic tubes :D I've started from drilling a midplate and as You can see below, there have been a lot of drilling here :D It was quite tricky to measure because of 45° connections, however everything went well. I've expected lots of trouble with the basement connections, however all turned out pretty simple. CPU loop is finished, GPU loop needs two more connections in the basement and two behind mobotray. Besides that, I need to make few more cables, refine some details and it'll be done :D

WwWh7Pi.jpg

5DR8cx0.jpg

q50cnO4.jpg

dqxE1Zq.jpg

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see this one completed. :)

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

• 2 weeks later...

@Limecat86 Thank You! And here You go :P

Project is finally ready, here is the end result :)

KjqaJKt.jpg

2gxK35H.jpg

juZYQuN.jpg

IuoUXpG.jpg

6pUzRWc.jpg

fkqVJJB.jpg

87Gpjez.jpg

3UuHtgi.jpg

YktgueO.jpg

ehJwjB0.jpg

7qwiDQ0.jpg

A7Sm1Cu.jpg

g9skQgX.jpg

k72tWTG.jpg

KNpTubo.jpg

IbXqVTK.jpg

8NJa5il.jpg

Qq4pWH2.jpg

UAgn4qa.jpg

7ckMF6V.jpg

GS5jpbc.jpg

sHfdiy5.jpg

Pink turned out to be pretty tricky to work with, as You can see. And assembling the basement was a challange, because of lack of space. However I ended up with pretty simple connections, just like it was planned :)