cable internet modem

Go to solution Solved by PineyCreek,

All ISPs that allow customers to use their own modems usually provide a list of allowable models.  You then provide them with the MAC address and they enter that on your account so you can use your modem.  Check HFC's technical support page or call up their support line and get that information.

At least, this holds true in the US, where consumer protection laws seem a bit more lax than Australia's sometimes.

hello everyone i need some help with modems,

i am looking for a new modem for my cable internet (HFC) in australia

we use the internet for mainly gaming and streaming and downloading movies and shows

i need help finding a modem suited for this due to the fact of our ISP provided one is camel poop.

any help or advice would be much appreciated, cheers.

All ISPs that allow customers to use their own modems usually provide a list of allowable models.  You then provide them with the MAC address and they enter that on your account so you can use your modem.  Check HFC's technical support page or call up their support line and get that information.

At least, this holds true in the US, where consumer protection laws seem a bit more lax than Australia's sometimes.

6 hours ago, cmderserenity said:

Cheers mate I’ll give that a go

Just stay away from any Modems with an Intel Puma 6 chip in it, like the SB6190. The Intel Puma 6 chip is defective. Id see if they support a SB6183 or the CM600, those Ive been told are good modems. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.