Silverstone Fan Hub?

MeDownYou

I'm a little bit confused on what's up with the Silverstone fan hub, It's a 4 pin fan hub, with PWM control from what I see, but wouldn't support pwn of 3 pin fans? Yet it has one pin that is PWM being glossy? I'm just really confused at why or what this product really is and does i guess?

I'm looking for a fan hub that I can plug in 7 fans and a pump into and preferably control the speed. These would be 3 pin fans and a 3 pin pump most likely. 

Could I use a fan controller in conjunction with this in line to the Silverstone fan hub as a solution to this? Or would a more premium fan hub such as the one from XSPC be a better option?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

I'm a little bit confused on what's up with the Silverstone fan hub, It's a 4 pin fan hub, with PWM control from what I see, but wouldn't support pwn of 3 pin fans? Yet it has one pin that is PWM being glossy? I'm just really confused at why or what this product really is and does i guess?

I'm looking for a fan hub that I can plug in 7 fans and a pump into and preferably control the speed. These would be 3 pin fans and a 3 pin pump most likely. 

Could I use a fan controller in conjunction with this in line to the Silverstone fan hub as a solution to this? Or would a more premium fan hub such as the one from XSPC be a better option?

The fan hub bascially take two connections one 12V power and the fan header for PWM controland RPM feedback. If you plug in a 3 pin fan it only interfaces with the 12V power therefore running the fan at full speed, it needs voltage control to vary the speed of a 3 pin fan. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

The fan hub bascially take two connections one 12V power and the fan header for PWM controland RPM feedback. If you plug in a 3 pin fan it only interfaces with the 12V power therefore running the fan at full speed, it needs voltage control to vary the speed of a 3 pin fan. 

Would there be the possibility of splicing an in line voltage controller that can utilize PWM through the mobo or something so that everything would be on 1 curve that is connected to the hub?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Just now, MeDownYou said:

Would there be the possibility of splicing an in line voltage controller that can utilize PWM through the mobo or something so that everything would be on 1 curve that is connected to the hub?

There are hubs that can take in a PWM control signal and convert it to an equivalent 3 pin DC voltage control. That will allow you to control your 3 pin and 4 pin PWM devices all on one header. Not sure what pump your using but almost all modern pumps with control run with PWM. 

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html