Dev Board Lattepanda

Eric Kazer

I found that my Lattepanda was prone to overheating because all it had was a heat spreader. I installed cheap china heatsinks all over the spreader. I have 2 5 volt fans on it. It can run emulators in Windows 10 with it's cooling bow and maintain 1.8 GHz with quad cores. It attached to a piece of aluminum with a small fan blowing air into the heatsink like on a real pc. I have it set to performance with a registry hack. It will draw up to 3 amps of power through its little usb connector. there is a power hack to get more power to it. It requires a good usb cable. 

With that said, it will reach 95c+ without a heatsink, just the spreader. It's good for Youtube and emulators ( some PSP stuff but not Dolphin and of course most of MAME ).

So, what is best for cooling it? It's a hot board.

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

1 minute ago, Eric Kazer said:

-SNIP-

When in doubt watercool!!! xD 

I'd just change out those tiny heatsinks for something much large that can say span the size of the whole board. 

bigger heat sinks and bigger fans. the more airflow and surface area you have the cooler it will be until you get down to near ambient temps at which point it cannot get cooler without some kind of phase change or liquid nitrogen cooling.