Unraid slow tranfer speeds

TH Gamer

Hi,i just build my first ever server which has a xeon x3220 and 4gb of ram. i recently installed the unraid trial and also tryed out freenas. Both of them gave me transfer speeds of around 1-2mb/s over my network.

Is there anyway to make it faster over the network as i really want to use this with a high trajnsfer speeds. Thanks

aInfio.PNG

Speeds.PNG

For one it looks like you are using a 100Mb/s ethernet connection. Up that to a 1000Mb/s connection.

im not to sure on how to upgrade my connection to 1000mb/s because its pluged into my 1000mb/s switch and then in to my routor which i think is only 100mb/s, so would i have to upgrade my routor to achive this

The transfer speed is 1,82MB/s not 1,82 mb/s which translates to 14,56 Mb/s still thats not great. But not anywhere near the 80 Mb/s that 100 Mb/s tends to cap out on.

So might there be another bottleneck in your setup? how are the drives setup raid wise? what drives are you using?

Has the array had time to initialize? You can also add a cache drive. It doesn't matter if it's an SSD or a regular hard drive most hard drives can saturate a gigabit connection. All shares that are set to use the cache drive will be written there first then moved to the array when the system is at idle or if you clicked on mover. Write speeds to an unraid array are slow because of the parity calculations that are required. Read speeds are only limited by the speed of the drives you are accessing. 

As far as upgrading your router you would only need to upgrade it if the computer that you have connecting to the server if first connected to the router. Are you getting that speed over a wired connection or wireless?

I have never had an issue with my server maintaining 100+ Mbps to any device running over a wired connection. While connecting through my AP it tends to stay closer to 50Mbps.