Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Corsair CX Modular series?

TheProphet

I'm doing a build for a friend tomorrow and the power supply I've chosen is the new Corsair CX600M (we're driving down to the local Microcenter to pick up the parts and their psu selection is very limited). I can't seem to find any reviews or youtube videos about any in the series so I figured here would be a good place to ask.

Well, it's just a CX with modular cables, there's nothing really new about them...

Only thing that's worth noting is that the modular cables are not the same as the non-modular ones, similar to what they did with the TX-m series.

cxm750_detail_contents.png

Hmm I've haven't had any hands on with their new CX Modular series but I can tell you if it's Corsair branded it's probably great and would do just fine.I personally have their AX 750w power supply for a year now and so far so good:) Seasonic's M12II 620W is just as good since it's also 80+ bronze like the CX series is and is also semi modular like the new CX modular series is. Seasonic is OEM for some of Corsairs power supplies as well if you wanted to know

';

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Love corsair modular supplies. The modular cables are nice and flat. They have got to make a SFX PSU with flat cables

● Thermaltake Core P5 ● ASUS Z170-A ● Intel Core i7-6700k 
● EK Supremacy EVO ● 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 
● EVGA GTX 770 ● Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ● XFX 750W Black Edition PSU

I'll let everyone know how I feel about it tomorrow. I haven't tried my hands on the CX series at all yet because I didn't hear very good words about the original versions so I avoided them in builds, but the v2's are solid from what I hear.

It seemed like a pretty solid power supply. This was the first psu I had worked with (probably ~15 builds at this point) that has had ribbon cables. We shall see how the stability of it is in the near future (not being pushed to the limit at all, only 1 hdd, 3570, and hd 6850), but the build quality seemed up to Corsair standard.