Can the Panasonic G7 be modified to shoot at a higher bitrate?

Hello, I saw that the G7 had a max bitrate of 100 Mbps which is 12.5 MBps when recording 4k video. I was wondering if there was a way to increase the bitrate to 120 or 160 Mbps because my SD card could do 30 MBps max. I think this would help me get more detail in my videos!

7 hours ago, Mutahar Farooq said:

Hello, I saw that the G7 had a max bitrate of 100 Mbps which is 12.5 MBps when recording 4k video. I was wondering if there was a way to increase the bitrate to 120 or 160 Mbps because my SD card could do 30 MBps max. I think this would help me get more detail in my videos!

100 mbps is quite a lot, getting an extra 20-60mbps wouldn't make a significant impact at all.  All it offers is h.264 in MP4 and AVCHD containers with Interframe compression that doesn't require much more data.  Besides, the G7 doesn't have V-Log, so unless you need it for serious color grading there's no point in asking for higher bit rates.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

100 mbps is quite a lot, getting an extra 20-60mbps wouldn't make a significant impact at all.  All it offers is h.264 in MP4 and AVCHD containers with Interframe compression that doesn't require much more data.  Besides, the G7 doesn't have V-Log, so unless you need it for serious color grading there's no point in asking for higher bit rates.

But is there a way to modify the camera in a way to increase the bitrate?

Is there a way to get a slightly lessened bitrate to save storage?

8 hours ago, Mutahar Farooq said:

But is there a way to modify the camera in a way to increase the bitrate?

Is there a way to get a slightly lessened bitrate to save storage?

Not for a given recording setting, the camera records at lower bit rates if you film lower resolutions.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins