NEED HELP

soldierofrika

I updated my computer earlier this summer to a intel 7700k. It has had a corsair h60 cooling it since than. Cpu temps have been high but nothing concerning until now, I am hitting the mid 80s c under load. I think my pump is going bad. I have been looking for a new cooler and I found the Noctua NH-D14 for a decent price. I don't know if it is compatible with lga 1151. I also dont know if it will go over my trident z ram. I do know it will fit in my case. Plz help!!!

Your h60 could just be improperly seated on the CPU or you put too little/much thermal paste.

Do you have the fan(s) in a push or pull config? 

There's multiple factor as to why you're getting bad temps. (Though of course, the H60 isn't that great to begin with, especially not when paired with a higher end CPU.)

But yes, the NH D14 should fit on a 1151 motherboard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

get NH D 15 that support up to 64mm ram height WITH using one fan in the middle but with a bigger ram, you have to put your fan ( the one on the front ) to be placed higher. 

the d15 is slighly diffrent than the d 14 so im still not sure if it can fit over my ram

i have a noctua nh-u12 with 2 fans, temps dont go over 60, and doesn't overhang ram slots on my z270e

One thing about the 7700K is that the thermal interface material (the stuff between the cpu die itself and the heatspreader) is terrible. I ran high 90s stock clock on an 180w tdp cooler until I delidded to replace the thermal interface material and bought an aio. Now I run 55-60 degrees at 4.9GHz. Intel also suggests replacing the tim to lower temperatures. So getting a better cooler may not help temperatures too much.

15 hours ago, soldierofrika said:

but can it fit over trident z ram

No, it won't. You'd need to have normal or low-profile RAM. Case and budget?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

115x is the same for cooler mounting. It won't fit over TridentZ. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? What case are you using?

What kind of price are you finding the NH-D14 at? It performs well but there are generally better options available nowadays. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.