Jump to content
1kv

Locked out of my iPhone.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello there. As the title suggests, I have forgotten my passcode and can't get into my phone. I have Touch ID set up but my phone hates me so I have to enter my passcode to enable Touch ID.

This is probably pointless as this is a more computer-orientated forum, but it is worth a shot.

I really want to avoid the solution of erasing my iPhone as much as possible, as I don't have a backup and have a lot of texts, contacts and other information that I can't get back off my phone.

I wouldn't mind erasing if my contacts, call history, voicemails, texts, etc. were kept on my SIM card, but they aren't, annoyingly enough.

Is there any other way beside the aforementioned method? 

Thanks,

1kv. 


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you'll make a backup next time. :) (You learned the hard way)

 

Can't you have it unlocked in the Apple store without wiping it or is the security too strong now?


I edit my posts a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Well you'll make a backup next time. :) (You learned the hard way)

 

Can't you have it unlocked in the Apple store without wiping it or is the security too strong now?

I really don't know. 

It's my fault, I had a passcode I remembered perfectly set up, but it strained my fingers a little bit after typing it in frequently so i set it to something that was easier and forgot it completely. I hope it's one of those situations which when you go to do something you forget it, and then later you realise what it was. 

But to be honest, I'm not too much of a good person, so I deserve this.


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I really don't know. 

It's my fault, I had a passcode I remembered perfectly set up, but it strained my fingers a little bit after typing it in frequently so i set it to something that was easier and forgot it completely. I hope it's one of those situations which when you go to do something you forget it, and then later you realise what it was. 

But to be honest, I'm not too much of a good person, so I deserve this.

Damn don't talk yourself down like that aha. It's a simple mistake. I'd take it down to your local Apple store to see if they can do anything. They're usually helpful.


I edit my posts a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Damn don't talk yourself down like that aha. It's a simple mistake. I'd take it down to your local Apple store to see if they can do anything. They're usually helpful.

Alright, I'll see if I can get there tomorrow. 

Thankfully, I don't need my phone on weekends as much as weekdays though. 


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Airdragonz said:

I might be wrong since it's been some time since I owned an iPhone but can't you unlock it from icloud? 

I don't know, I'll look into it.

 


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1kv said:

I don't know, I'll look into it.

 

If not, you can lock it with iCloud with a password of your choice then unlock your phone with it.

 


Nearly everyone here has one so I feel kind of left out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

If not, you can lock it with iCloud with a password of your choice then unlock your phone with it.

 

How do you mean?

I'm quite interested in that method.


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1kv said:

How do you mean?

I'm quite interested in that method.

Like lock it with iCloud and then it lets you set a password to lock the phone with. Then you go onto the phone and use that password.


Nearly everyone here has one so I feel kind of left out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Like lock it with iCloud and then it lets you set a password to lock the phone with. Then you go onto the phone and use that password.

Hmm, I may give that a go. Thank you all for your help!


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolcommando54 said:

did this work?

just give it a shot, should work. 


Nearly everyone here has one so I feel kind of left out

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 09/02/2018 at 7:59 PM, coolcommando54 said:

did this work?

I actually had to factory reset in the end. It was the only way. Thankfully once I signed into my Apple ID it synced up my contacts and stuff so my phone is running great.

 


no

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Buy VPN

×