Computer needs another HDD to boot

AllaboutBudget
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Your bootloader is still on the blue drive, in a hidden EFI partition. You need to reinstall on the red drive without blue connected at all, or clone blue to red.

Hey guys help, ive got 2 hdds. apparently these 2 hdds got windows 10. but then lets name my 1st hdd as blue and 2nd as red. (for less confusion)

So I put windows 10 on blue, but then after i found out that it has 70% health in hd sentinel, I quickly installed windows 10 on red then formatted blue. 
now whenever I boot, after setting red as boot priority, without blue it wont boot. there will be an error saying insert proper boot device. I figured out that the error would only go away if i boot to blue.

Then there will be a selection to what HDD I want to boot windows 10.

I wanted to remove blue because its already faulty, without it I cant use my other HDD

How do I fix this?

Sorry this is my best explanation, english is my 2nd language

4 minutes ago, AllaboutBudget said:

Hey guys help, ive got 2 hdds. apparently these 2 hdds got windows 10. but then lets name my 1st hdd as blue and 2nd as red. (for less confusion)

So I put windows 10 on blue, but then after i found out that it has 70% health in hd sentinel, I quickly installed windows 10 on red then formatted blue. 
now whenever I boot, after setting red as boot priority, without blue it wont boot. there will be an error saying insert proper boot device. I figured out that the error would only go away if i boot to blue.

Then there will be a selection to what HDD I want to boot windows 10.

I wanted to remove blue because its already faulty, without it I cant use my other HDD

How do I fix this?

Sorry this is my best explanation, english is my 2nd language

Try and remove the Blue Drive and reinstall Windows on Red. That might fix it.

Your bootloader is still on the blue drive, in a hidden EFI partition. You need to reinstall on the red drive without blue connected at all, or clone blue to red.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

oohhh. how do I clone blue to red? or is it much easier just to reinstall windows again?

43 minutes ago, AllaboutBudget said:

oohhh. how do I clone blue to red? or is it much easier just to reinstall windows again?

If you don't know how to clone, do a clean install.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Its like this (See Disk 0 at the top, the rest is for another thread about moving Raid to a new system):

WjIQ76S.png

When you Install Windows, it also creates a recovery and system partition. These are needed to boot from the drive. 

The following problems can arise when installing / reinstalling windows:

1) If you already have / had a windows installation on one drive, trying to reinstall it to another drive will usually keep and use the recovery and system partitions on the original drive

2) If intstalling windows to a SSD with a HDD in the system, it will default to installing the recovery and system partitions on the HDD.

Best way to solve this is to only install windows with the single drive you want it on installed, simply just unplug all the others.

Linus is my fetish.